Staff merri-go-round

Boston was never actually part of YEA. In 1997, a relationship was entered into which quickly proved to be lopsided and not in the best interests of BAC. After less than a full year it was discontinued. My recollection of it was that the only tangible benefit to Boston ended up being a special deal on marching shoes (Dinkles, I think). By 1998, the corps was-yet again-faced with the grim prospect of folding. If credit goes anywhere for Boston surviving this episode, it goes to Corps Director Jim Cronin for bringing in Howard Weinstein initially as Program Coordinator and then HW becoming corps director a year later.. Then came Tom Santino, the Florida connection, full membership and top 12 for the first time in 1999.

I don't mean to jump on the anti-GH bandwagon, but to give YEA any credit for Boston's 18 year run in the top 12 is simply inaccurate. As for Cadets, to me they are a time-honored drum corps and I personally hope they can sort things out and continue to be a force in the activity.

craiga, I tried to PM you about this, but it says you can not receive new messages.

craiga, I tried to PM you about this, but it says you can not receive new messages.

I gave up trying to PM him here years ago..I use FB now...albeit light use of FB as I'm not a particular fan of it...lol

They keep it quiet apparently

What I found to be particularly sorry this year is that it was the admin and design team's intent to "just get through the anniversary year" so they could "move to a more modern program" next year. So instead, they shaft this year's corps with a half ### design.

As a professional educator, this infuriates the hell out of me. The number one goal in teaching is to set you students up for success.

*waits for ad hominem and non-sequitur remarks to deflect from the actual conversation instead of debating the issues*

I have my chronology backwards on the 97-2000 BAC leadership....been writing band drill all day. But my point is sound...BAC's success orginated within BAC, not YEA.

• Like 2

I heard a rumor Cadets are getting sold to a band director in Texas.

This isn't a bad thing.

Which at first may have seemed to be devastating news for Bones alum at first, but has truly proved that when all else is gone, Bones remain. Crossmen alumni are the best and most supportive alumni organization in DCI. I doubt the Cadets alums would adjust to that type of change that seamlessly.

For God's sake, The Cadets corps can't even change their uniforms without being crucified. And how they made this thread all about them is not surprising to me. Placing in 6th is not the end of the World. Grow the F up!

Just be proud of the students that chose to march in your corps. Isn't that enough? This activity has grown; just be proud that you were the foundation of it all. or move on...

Edited by xbones7480

I've just been skimming this thread so I may have missed it: Has anyone made the connection with the Cadet issues and Clash of the Corps show? This type of drama is what reality TV promotes and thrives on -- whether true or not.

I've just been skimming this thread so I may have missed it: Has anyone made the connection with the Cadet issues and Clash of the Corps show? This type of drama is what reality TV promotes and thrives on -- whether true or not.

. I think they have that show in the can and the producers have moved on to midget wrestling. Or something.
  • Like 1

. I think they have that show in the can and the producers have moved on to midget wrestling. Or something.

Do you know if they are producing it, or are they going to be in the ring, Terri ?

Edited by BRASSO

Don't know. I don't even know what the Fuse channel is.

I don't know what the Fuse Channel is either. I believe its a channel station devoted to arson, pyrotechnics, etc and the like, but not entirely sure.

• Like 1