Staff merri-go-round

This isn't a bad thing.

Which at first may have seemed to be devastating news for Bones alum at first, but has truly proved that when all else is gone, Bones remain. Crossmen alumni are the best and most supportive alumni organization in DCI. I doubt the Cadets alums would adjust to that type of change that seamlessly.

For God's sake, The Cadets corps can't even change their uniforms without being crucified. And how they made this thread all about them is not surprising to me. Placing in 6th is not the end of the World. Grow the F up!

Just be proud of the students that chose to march in your corps. Isn't that enough? This activity has grown; just be proud that you were the foundation of it all. or move on...

Cadets alum didn't make this thread "all bout them." Someone dropped the news on here on their own. You seemed to have forgotten Cadets moved from Jersey to PA so let's climb down off the horse and not come off as so high and mighty because I can tell you right now, my time as Crossmen wasn't all peaches and cream. I choose not to air out dirty laundry because I have respect for the Crossmen organization as a whole. You should take your own advice and "grow the F up".

• Like 4

It's nearly Tuesday. No big announcement from anyone.

Hmm...

Wait until Thursday. Say the Blue Knights. LOL.

• Like 2

And we're back to Internet/cable/phone service providers.

So... if Gino, Colin, et al. leave Cadets, would they be considered cord cutters? :ninja:

• Like 2

Someone should keep track of all the rumors and the source so that we can hold people accountable and also cause it would be funny to see who's way off. A list is also nice to look at.

For the most part all that "someone" would have to do is go to the beginning of any corps 2016 thread and compare the hype with the final results.

OK, I have been pretty much silent since mid season giving the Cadets staff the benefit of the doubt to salvage their season. With that over I must say I am very close to done with George Hopkins. I posted on his facebook today requesting the truth about staff defections and he deleted it. That says it all to me. If you cannot be open and honest with alumni and supporters. Then good luck. It pains me to say that I will be very heavy heartedly letting go of my support for the Cadets. If someone wants to hire their girlfriend and daughter to try and bring Cadets colorguard back to what is was in the 90s, then that is a sad commentary. I guess I will move on to supporting Crown, the corps that most reminds me of Cadets from my time....sorry George, you have lost my financial support.

• Like 3

OK, I have been pretty much silent since mid season giving the Cadets staff the benefit of the doubt to salvage their season. With that over I must say I am very close to done with George Hopkins. I posted on his facebook today requesting the truth about staff defections and he deleted it. That says it all to me. If you cannot be open and honest with alumni and supporters. Then good luck. It pains me to say that I will be very heavy heartedly letting go of my support for the Cadets. If someone wants to hire their girlfriend and daughter to try and bring Cadets colorguard back to what is was in the 90s, then that is a sad commentary. I guess I will move on to supporting Crown, the corps that most reminds me of Cadets from my time....sorry George, you have lost my financial support.

Yeah sorry to say and I do try to stay away from a direct hit so to speak BUT some GFs need to just work the souvie table. :peek:

• Like 1

Well, it's 2312hours (MT) and all the excitement about a possible big announcement about major instructors going to Boston today is not happening today. Nothing on the corps web page, FB, and the last message on Boston 2017 is BRASSO's post about Mayor Menino. It might take another 24/48 hours to get the paperwork done, but I will not fall for any hype again. I'll wait until something happens and be very happy for the organization if this incoming dream team is as good as previous dream teams. I've learned my lesson and will hope and pray (yeah, I do!) that the BOD gets an instructional staff that will stick around and help "build a champion" that the Boston Crusaders will get the opportunity to work towards. No other corps has survived so many trying years than they have. The number of second mortgages and loans over the decades would amaze people. It's to all the alumni and friends who have made those sacrifices, even currently, who I hope reach their goals.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

It's nearly Tuesday. No big announcement from anyone.

Hmm...

well hell, with all of the speculation, i'd drag it out LOL

Rumors in the offseason take off like nobody's business. Some will be proven to be made up speculation, that turns out to be a lucky guess, when it later it turns out shown to be accurate. But that was nothing more than a lucky guess. Other rumors will be completely made up by people with an ax to grind, and in time will be proven to be completely false. And then there are the few where the person had direct knowledge, a good source, shares the info on here, and later what they shared with us turned out to be true. But right now, its difficult to separate these variations of rumors we will have on here in the offseason. So I caution everyone here to take with a grain of salt any rumor we find on here that is posted by DCP'ers we may not really know all that well.

these rumors started the monday of finals week. technically, not the off season LOL