Staff merri-go-round

Just a thought.... Has anyone thought that all the rumors were started by the staff?? Maybe they finally banded together and gave George a choice " Let us do our jobs and stop thinking you are a show designer or we all walk". :confused:

Well rumors may have come from staff, but ultimatums weren't the end game. Resignation letters were

The issue is most of us (alumni) have been frustrated with the exodus of top people (staff, volunteers) because of one man who perhaps was effective for many years but now is damaging the corps. The remainder of top staff have resigned leaving none of the talent that kept Cadets towards the top. The number of talented staff waiting around to be hired is very limited and wanting to work with him narrows that to (noone) so not sure how Cadets rebound without him stepping down. Staff leave Cadets because of GH, not because they don't want to teach Cadets. I see a situation very similar to Cavies post Gaines occuring for a few years.

I don't want to make this a dump on Cadets/Hop parade, but when the heart and soul of CWP finally put his thoughts on Facebook about how the group was handled, a very telling sign of how former staff felt was the words" well written" that came from some MA percussion guru tied to Crown that built his legend at Cadets.

The girlfriend potshots bother me, as I adore Kristy and I'm not sure she campaigned for the job. In spite of any feelings I have for how yea runs the business or the CEO, I want the remaining groups to do well and hope CWP can come back. But I've already seen band directors complaining that the lack of office staff is affecting USBands, and even see another local circuit got a championships show in JBC during what is usually a yea weekend

• Like 2

But they also have (that I know of) the highest tour fees out there, and in a lot of cases by a huge margin. It seems like both of those things shouldn't be true.

And USBands doesn't always make money. They're known to give freebies to recruit bands, they've changed shows to regional or whatever at the last minute to get extra fees ( directors said pound sand) and will send gold panels to silver shows " by mistake", then still send an invoice to the host( directors also said pound sand). Judges gotta get paid somehow, even if they're only 60% of a USBands host fees

I would argue that he probably wants to turn the day to day operations of the Cadets over to someone else but probably hasn't been able to find the right person.

He had them

• Like 4

I don't want to make this a dump on Cadets/Hop parade, but when the heart and soul of CWP finally put his thoughts on Facebook about how the group was handled, a very telling sign of how former staff felt was the words" well written" that came from some MA percussion guru tied to Crown that built his legend at Cadets.

The girlfriend potshots bother me, as I adore Kristy and I'm not sure she campaigned for the job. In spite of any feelings I have for how yea runs the business or the CEO, I want the remaining groups to do well and hope CWP can come back. But I've already seen band directors complaining that the lack of office staff is affecting USBands, and even see another local circuit got a championships show in JBC during what is usually a yea weekend

ah you TOBers move fast, do you? :tounge2:

Didn't "her guard" score lower than the staff she replaced? It's not about your feelings/Hop's feelings about her. It's the results that speak volumes. I watched the same rifle kid drop 5 times in the 3 days at the same spots in the show doing simple tosses. Either the training was wrong or the wrong person was in that position on the field with no adjustment from prelims to finals. Results, results, results mean scores.

Didn't "her guard" score lower than the staff she replaced? It's not about your feelings/Hop's feelings about her. It's the results that speak volumes. I watched the same rifle kid drop 5 times in the 3 days at the same spots in the show doing simple tosses. Either the training was wrong or the wrong person was in that position on the field with no adjustment from prelims to finals. Results, results, results mean scores.

Changing the drill and show story up to 2 weeks before finals WILL affect the guard.

I thought the guard was much better this year. The equipment writing and placement of the guard was well improved over 2015.

ah you TOBers move fast, do you? :tounge2:

Cavalcade. We already had contracts in place