Staff merri-go-round

Not defending placement or performance as the only thing I am good for to a guard is stopwatches. I just hate to see a friend get trashed because of who she loves.

This is true, so if there are issues people need to stick to the issue and not the relationship NOW if she got the position because of the relationship thats another story. I think George no matter what one thinks is smarter than that BUT who knows. Some men have done stranger things sometimes..lol

Dont get me wrong I also like Kristy and actually dont blame her at all. Not every position is for every person and I believe a good leader knows where to place people and take advantage of their talents. And there was talent for sure ( I mean staff not MMs )

We also don't know( well some do ) if staff hands were tied also. I remember some hefty fights between April and Hop...lol One has to know how to pick battles with a strong personality in charge...lol

Edited by GUARDLING

But Dan was a wonderful person, and an empowering leader, and people walked over hot coals for him. When Reeves retired, a reporter asked him how the Broncos could ever replace him. He smiled, and said, "stick your hand into a bucket of water, and pull it out, see how fast the water fills up the hole? That's how fast the Broncos will replace me."

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit." HST

• Like 1

Changing the drill and show story up to 2 weeks before finals WILL affect the guard.

I thought the guard was much better this year. The equipment writing and placement of the guard was well improved over 2015.

I would agree with this. It did seems better somewhat, just way to much and obvious issues ( individual in some cases ) that never seemed addressed. You can't do that with a WC top corps. Find the time or fix the person...jmo no excuses

As I said above , we also dont know the dynamics and if hands were tied somehow.

Edited by GUARDLING

:peek:

:withstupid:

This thread is great but the Reviews on glass door. :wow: The bold bits caught my eye.

"The CEO has had the same job since 1982 and lacks an advanced degree. Serious lack of real-world, diversified-leadership-experience. If that isn’t telling, please read on. The crown jewel of the organization is The Cadets, but they go underwater, every year, by hundreds of thousands of dollars. So, you ALL work weekends and nights, slinging bags of candy at band shows. BAND SHOWS! You might sleep overnight, on a bus, to be ready at 5:30AM the following Sunday. Are you a business professional with 15 years’ experience raising millions of dollars for other worthy organizations?…too bad…you’re selling candy to band moms. I could go on, and on, and on. I think you get the idea…"

. I know the reviewer. Great guy.

I've heard of at least one section of work that was changed 12 times. With that much re-learning of choreography going on, muscle memory doesn't have time to truly set, so there is much more potential for unexpected error when the movement has not yet become automatic.

. Twelve times!!! Good Lord.

A successful season should not be dictated by a score. There are so many other factors to take into consideration (achievement, hard work, life lessons, etc.). If we only judge a season based on a score its fair to say only two groups have had "successful" seasons and the rest have failed. Not a single one of us was on tour with the corps, and none of us was there to experience what the members experienced. For all we know, it might have been the absolute best year in drum corps they've ever had. I can't imaging what it must be like for one of the kids who marched in the Cadets Color Guard this season to come home and have to read this c-r-a-p. You weren't there, and neither was I - making assumptions about things we were not privy to is pure speculation and more damaging than anything Hop may or may not have done.

One more thing - I don't know Kristy but based on her credentials she has a fantastic background in the marching arts and would be a fine addition to any corps. We've all started somewhere at some point, and to judge her based on the fact that she has a relationship with Hop is asinine. It tells more about your character (speaking generally to those who are taking this out on her) than it does about hers.

*Note - just reread this - xndandl - this wasn't directed at you at all. Apologies if it looks that way.

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 1

I know this is old history, but does anyone have the skinny on why Aungst left years ago?

Some graves are best left as they are rather than painfully exhuming bodies trying to find something.

Of course, you could be forthright and courageous and just ask him by emailing him at either Crown or Dartmouth H.S rather than gossiping like little old ladies on the rumor mill..

A successful season should not be dictated by a score. There are so many other factors to take into consideration (achievement, hard work, life lessons, etc.). If we only judge a season based on a score its fair to say only two groups have had "successful" seasons and the rest have failed. Not a single one of us was on tour with the corps, and none of us was there to experience what the members experienced. For all we know, it might have been the absolute best year in drum corps they've ever had. I can't imaging what it must be like for one of the kids who marched in the Cadets Color Guard this season to come home and have to read this c-r-a-p. You weren't there, and neither was I - making assumptions about things we were not privy to is pure speculation and more damaging than anything Hop may or may not have done.

One more thing - I don't know Kristy but based on her credentials she has a fantastic background in the marching arts and would be a fine addition to any corps. We've all started somewhere at some point, and to judge her based on the fact that she has a relationship with Hop is asinine. It tells more about your character (speaking generally to those who are taking this out on her) than it does about hers.

Like politics, If you put yourself out there it becomes open season on ya, Especially with some BUT I will say teaching a WC corps and Iconic corps like Cadets brings out even more scrutiny and not that a HS guard instructor cant do the job but it doesnt guarantee anything. Even coming from Winter to summer is quite different. Who was really sold a bill of goods was SOA in this regards. SAD

Youre right also about score ( to a degree ) results are also a very big part of this activity, any competitive activity, is it everything? no is it a goal, YES and those who say it doesnt matter I have learned over the years are the ones always at the top OR those who never reach goals..lol " It matters"

You also assumed that everyone here was not on tour with either this corps or other corps. That would be wrong I believe.

I get ya, totally and not saying you are wrong at all. Just a different view

I gave my opinion so thats it ( for me anyway ) I hope...lol..no need to beat the subject to death and keeping it going I guess. Best we can do is wish Cadets and all involved the very best

Edited by GUARDLING

Agree with you as well. Not saying that it shouldn't be a factor, but not the only factor. As to the point about people being on tour, I know there were people on tour that are here posting, but I think those of us that were not on tour are in the majority.

Like politics, If you put yourself out there it becomes open season on ya, Especially with some BUT I will say teaching a WC corps and Iconic corps like Cadets brings out even more scrutiny and not that a HS guard instructor cant do the job but it doesnt guarantee anything. Even coming from Winter to summer is quite different. Who was really sold a bill of goods was SOA in this regards. SAD

Youre right also about score ( to a degree ) results are also a very big part of this activity, any competitive activity, is it everything? no is it a goal, YES and those who say it doesnt matter I have learned over the years are the ones always at the top OR those who never reach goals..lol " It matters"

You also assumed that everyone here was not on tour with either this corps or other corps. That would be wrong I believe.

I get ya, totally and not saying you are wrong at all. Just a different view

• Like 1

Agree with you as well. Not saying that it shouldn't be a factor, but not the only factor. As to the point about people being on tour, I know there were people on tour that are here posting, but I think those of us that were not on tour are in the majority.

totally agree on all points.

Edited by GUARDLING