Staff merri-go-round

i few of us drink the BAC cool-aid....wanna join in and have a small glass? How can one not be excited?...this is the most excited I've been in 25+ years following BAC...Cadets and Crown will be just fine IMO

Kool_Aid_Man.jpeg

Liahona, I am delighted that your 25 year drought has come to an end. Not just a shower or a storm but a monsoon has occurred.

I hope growth will be the result and that, within BAC's multi-year plan. a DCI championship will be the reward.

Edited by 1956OPR
  • Like 1

Glad to hear that the Cadets had a bit of good news, Aungst coming back will be interesting. Maybe the Crusaders will be much improved under the tutelage of their new staff, maybe not. Hopefully all of the corps concerned improve from the staff merry-go-round results.

• Like 4

Very little surprises me but Aungst back to Cadets is surprising

Some of other names in the mix are very impressive. I'll wait to see what comes to fruition.

Just posted on the Crusaders' Facebook page.......

We're ecstatic to bring together and welcome:

Michael Townsend (Production & Color Guard Designer), Keith Potter (Artistic Director), Leon May (Visual Design & Drill Writing), Gino Cipriani (Director of Music & Brass), Colin McNutt (Director of Percussion, Music Design), Ryan George (Composer, Arranger, Music Design)

Boston's got something cooking up there......

Wouldn't PC have first dibs?

I didn't win the Lottery this week, or I'd help out.

Alan moved from Crown to Scojo's BD when his Dad took over CC 2 years ago; Alan should be about age-out status if not already.

Gosh, I remember when he was born.......and also when his Dad came to Cadets as a rookie snare after being in Bucs or some PA DCA corps.

Now I have to share my Geritol.

Tom marched snare in the Reading Buccaneers. I know that because I marched next to him in the snareline. Tom is my connection to the Cadets and I'm thrilled beyond words to see Tom home with the Cadets! Can't wait for the first Cadets camp.

• Like 1

Very little surprises me but Aungst back to Cadets is surprising

Tom Aungst on Facebook:

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. The positivity and love are definitely appreciated! I want to publicly state what an amazing experience I had while teaching at Crown. By far, the hardest part of making the decision to go back to the Cadets was realizing that meant I had to leave Crown. The percussionists this summer were the most respectful, coachable, positive, determined young people I have ever worked with. They inspired me every single day.

As far as the Crown staff and administration goes, my two years there were fabulous. I was respected, motivated, and humbled by the entire team, led by Jim Coates. I want to thank my friends Thom Hannum and Michael Klesch for bringing me on board to work with such an exemplary team. Matt Harloff and the Crown brass staff, as well as performers, overwhelmed me with their talent and expertise. I learned a lot by working with the entire Crown staff. I wish nothing but the best for Crown members, staff, and volunteers.

My decision to go back to the Cadets was based purely on my history and my future; my legacy. I was with the Cadets for 27 years - as a member, a tech, a caption head, and an arranger. My career was born there. I did not get to leave the Cadets on good terms. I am returning on my terms to finish something I started a long time ago. I was born of the Cadets and with any family there is strife, hardship, and dysfunction. But there is also love. I love the Cadets. I want to push them into the future while honoring the traditions of their past. Innovate and remember. "Back to the future!"

• Like 5