Staff merri-go-round

I knew them all... thanks for reposting this Terri.. I'm a hardazz, don't get water in the eyes hardly ever, but there are moments.... these people kept the flame alive back then... it could have easily gone out for the Boston Crusaders.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Great article B and thanks.

You're welcome Ghost. You are I both can think of at least 2 dozen people that were in BAC Jrs or BAC, Sr's, that have passed on, but would have loved to know that the Boston Crusaders are very much alive and doing well ( and might be doing some special things in the coming years ) if they were still with us today. I think of them often.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

A little known BD fact is that in the early 70's a lot of the drumline wore Boston Crusaders shirts under their uniforms.

I wish them well.

Yes... recall them doing this, and the gesture not forgotten either.

Thank you so much for sharing this story...I've heard bits and pieces about the 1973 Boston Crusaders over the years but never knew the complete full story...Boston has a history night now but not when i marched with them...It all makes sense now and brings it full circle for me...including the story I've read about Burt Lancaster talking about the 1973 Boston Crusaders...their line of only just 25 against other of 128 strong...their parade rest for 45 minutes...the reason for missing finals the very first year of DCI...their 17th place finish with just 25 members in the corps out of 31 corps competing...and on and on...I'll leave this post with the quote from Lancaster...

"Before he lost it, Peckinpah made me go see this drum and bugle corps from Boston, the Boston Crusaders. Sam thought I would only really understand the power beneath despair by watching these guys. Yeah, he was right. In '73 and '83, the corps went out with just handfuls of guys on the horns and, @#!*% , those man-gods could melt the gates of @#!*% . Every single film I made after 'Valdez Is Coming' is an allegory on the Boston Crusaders." ...Burt Lancaster in Daily Variety interview, December 9, 1991.

Back to the staff merri-go-round...

• Like 4

Thank you so much for sharing this story...I've heard bits and pieces about the 1973 Boston Crusaders over the years but never knew the complete full story...Boston has a history night now but not when i marched with them...It all makes sense now and brings it full circle for me...including the story I've read about Burt Lancaster talking about the 1973 Boston Crusaders...their line of only just 25 against other of 128 strong...their parade rest for 45 minutes...the reason for missing finals the very first year of DCI...their 17th place finish with just 25 members in the corps out of 31 corps competing...and on and on...I'll leave this post with the quote from Lancaster...

Back to the staff merri-go-round...

. Yes! But not before I say that we were all rooting for you. GIANTS indeed.
  • Like 2

Some folks that have been around for a while actually HAVE heard about some of these folks and are not impressed IMO...and as you've alluded to some do not have any clue as well IMO...I will reserve my personal opinion regarding these hires at cadets et al because it will just be perceived as not very credible...only for the simple fact that I'm a very strong Boston supporter/alum...but for the record...the folks who know me well on here know that I attempt to be as fair as possible in most of my assessments..setting my personal bias aside can be difficult at times...but I am not perfect either...

Right on. I could pump or dump the new Cadets brass staff and no one reading would care either way. I'm glad people here feel strongly enough to post their opinions on such matters (and ego enough to think others care [seems there are only about 10 regulars anyway]), but I'm not the least bit interested in putting myself out there on current personnel issues (it's pointless). It all makes for entertaining reading. All I know is: Go Bloo!

• Like 1