Staff merri-go-round

Honestly...I'm not too sure people would buy into that spin...it's just not as plausible IMO...bad timing perhaps...Ockham's razor applies here...

I stand corrected by this definitive info. Jeff's answer helps add credibility to yours, i.e. the decision to join his friend and help OC was made and announced to Troopers prior to the incident in Indy.

BTW, I didn't mean to imply I thought he was fired (not sure who you were quoting) but that they had no choice but to accept his resignation. I had always presumed he had left to save Troopers the negative exposure, not that he was fired for it. In that regard, it was convenient luck that he was planning a departure anyway.

For the record I NEVER said fired either.

actually he himself announced on Facebook his resignation had been turned in before the incident

This is correct. The parking lot incident really was just bad timing.

Crossmen announced Blake Daughtrey as Visual Caption Head.

link: http://www.crossmen.org/news#Section32843347

What happened to Chris Considine???

• Like 1

Crown will be fine...likely still a contender

Cadets will be fine...likely still a contender

Boston will improve...note that they could theoretically improve, but not move up in placement. I bet they WILL move up, but still, it's entirely possible that everyone else improves too.

Blue Devils will still be a contender.

The only exciting mysteries for 1st week of September, IMO, are:

Bloo: Can they keep it up?
SCV: Can they keep improving?

Cavies: Are they *really* back?

Blue Knights: What did they learn?

(I have no clue yet about Phantom, Crossmen, Blue Stars or Academy)

Boston will improve...note that they could theoretically improve, but not move up in placement. I bet they WILL move up, but still, it's entirely possible that everyone else improves too.

What does this have to do with staff merri-go-round...this should go in 2017 prediction thread IMO...

• Like 1

Bloo posted a picture over the weekend of the design team meeting

How common in the drum corps world is it for staff to have multi-year contracts? Is this something that was just always around or has it been different from corps to corps? Do corps from time to time want to make sure their staff is strongly in place for the long haul? What are the repercussions if a staff member breaks the contract? I ask this because I've seen two recent announcements specifically about multi-year contracts. Honestly I just never noticed this before. The first was from the Cadets for percussion caption head and the second for the Cavalier design team.

Edited by Liahona

What does this have to do with staff merri-go-round...this should go in 2017 prediction thread IMO...

If my reading comprehension is in tune w/the OP you quoted, I suspect they are trying to say that while there are some staff changes their take on the potential changes is the corps losing staff will likely still be competitively consistent, and corps gaining high staff will improve but not necessarily competitively better. They also seemed to add their take on corps staying with whom they have.

I think the post was well within context of this thread