Staff merri-go-round

Whats the deal with so many staff members leaving Garfield for Boston?

Simply put, they like working with Colin MacNutt and Gino Cipriani; some liked the increased salaries and benefit offered by BAC; some find the admin that they worked for difficult and a hurdle and would prefer to attempt a new direction that BAC offers as an opportunity..

Edited by xandandl

Simply put, they like working with Colin MacNutt and Gino Cipriani; some liked the increased salaries and benefit offered by BAC; some find the admin that they worked for difficult and a hurdle and would prefer to attempt a new direction that BAC offers as an opportunity..

Just curious what are the increased salaries and benefits? What was the pay and benefits at Cadets and what are they now with Boston? You seem to be in the know and I often wonder what today's staffers get paid. Never knew there were benefits too.

Well I do not know Gino or Colin personally but I met Colin at the Pavilion show in 92 and talked with him a while since I marched with Scojo in the 70's and cooked in 87 & 89. Also, having spent a lot of time at Mars over the last 40+ years I observed Gino many times and I have to say these guys are really cool people. I wish them well.

Just curious what are the increased salaries and benefits? What was the pay and benefits at Cadets and what are they now with Boston? You seem to be in the know and I often wonder what today's staffers get paid. Never knew there were benefits too.

Thanks for the compliment but at this time I have no inner knowledge of the contract particularities without paying my agent another commission.

I know at Cadets salaries varied widely due to a number of influences and experiences.

Thanks for the compliment but at this time I have no inner knowledge of the contract particularities without paying my agent another commission.

I know at Cadets salaries varied widely due to a number of influences and experiences.

Oh, ok. My misunderstanding. I thought you had indicated that some former cadet staffers liked the increased salaries and benefits, meaning you had an inside track on that info.

Blue Stars announce and retain brass staff for 2017:

http://www.bluestars.org/story.php?story_id=843

Blue Stars look to have a done a good job this off-season. New percussion arrangers, but guys who have been with the corps for awhile. Bring back the brass arranger from what was probably their best run of shows, 2008-2010. Put a design team together that has a history of working together. Maintained their day in, day out technical staff. Looking for good things out of the corps next season.

• Like 3

Lab - Don't let him off that easy!

I do know what some folks made and what some folks were promised. But I would not discuss this publicly with a stranger unless I first had the permission of the person(s) whose contracts they were; perhaps when that permission is gotten or if they want to discuss it "after their audit is finished, then those records will be released." I have been generically told by a few involved that Boston is offering more than they had received from the Bank of Allentown.

And isn't it "off that easily," an adverb modifying a verb???

Edited by xandandl

I do know what some folks made and what some folks were promised. But I would not discuss this publicly with a stranger unless I first had the permission of the person(s) whose contracts they were; perhaps when that permission is gotten or if they want to discuss it "after their audit is finished, then those records will be released." I have been generically told by a few involved that Boston is offering more than they had received from the Bank of Allentown.

And isn't it "off that easily," an adverb modifying a verb???

So if you "would not discuss it publicly with a stranger" why make mention of it at all? It appears you make inferences about being in the know about all things things drum corps no matter who or what the subject is. If you're going to bring up a point, please finish it off or leave it alone.
  • Like 1