Staff merri-go-round

So if you "would not discuss it publicly with a stranger" why make mention of it at all? It appears you make inferences about being in the know about all things things drum corps no matter who or what the subject is. If you're going to bring up a point, please finish it off or leave it alone.

Seems there's a lot of things people don't want to discuss. What about caption heads directly contacting every single eligible-to-return member at their previous corps offering inducements to switch?

Seems there's a lot of things people don't want to discuss. What about caption heads directly contacting every single eligible-to-return member at their previous corps offering inducements to switch?

Who is doing that? And please don't say" I can't say". You made the statement, offer the proveable info to back it up.

Who is doing that? And please don't say" I can't say". You made the statement, offer the proveable info to back it up.

I know making a statement and not following through with a name or a corps seems wrong BUT it can start a real #### fest here I can say ,and will that, some corps do this all the time with no respect BUT there seems to be a little more of that this year. Could be merely because of so many staff switching looking for a change or what might seem like greener grasses. I think a subject can be discussed in generalities and still be a meaningful discussion. Sometimes because of many reasons we just have to trust in someones personal experience with any subject and then one can choose to take it or not. jmo

Edited by GUARDLING

I have no idea who is or isn't doing such a thing...but I don't have a problem with it...I'm sure that sort of activity has happened for years...

On another similar topic...what I do recall is other corps contacting a certain soloist at Boston a few years ago to leave Boston for another corps...so this takes place all the time I believe...people get defensive when it happens to "their" corps...I probably would get defensive as well...

Reports of a corps on the east coast that has beefed up their staff significantly this off season. Staff offering members of their previous corps serious reductions in fees to make the switch from medalist corps to make the jump to a barely-finalist corps.

Allegedly.

Oh, you mean "recruiting"?

Yeah small scale this has been going on for ages -- esp. member to member. But personally contacting every single kid? "Scholarships"? Yeah don't see Gino doing that :ph34r:

Funny thing is how many turned it down. :crazy:

And really -- i'm not defensive at all. From what I hear Fort Mill is reloading like normal. Same quality and quantity of applicants having marched at the same corps. Texas numbers are up. Fewer vets than normal but that just means a few more than the usual 10 or so spots are open!

Two groups of people I think this will hurt the most:

MM's who are now effectively locked out without ever really having had a fair shot.

those who were just pawns in the silly "Oh yeah? I'll show you" game.

And none of this will touch those at the very top.

Edited by corpsband

On another similar topic...what I do recall is other corps contacting a certain soloist at Boston a few years ago to leave Boston for another corps...so this takes place all the time I believe...people get defensive when it happens to "their" corps...I probably would get defensive as well...

And to their credit, they stayed.

• Like 2

So if you "would not discuss it publicly with a stranger" why make mention of it at all? It appears you make inferences about being in the know about all things things drum corps no matter who or what the subject is. If you're going to bring up a point, please finish it off or leave it alone.

No matter how much bullying or tantrums you want to use to intimidate, other posters and I won't be shut up or shut out just because of your say so.

No thread on DCP is a restricted membership country club. All threads are open to all posters.

You asked a generic question about a corps with whom I've had a multi-decade affiliation. I responded to the question with a summary answer from my experience and discussions with present and past staff members..

Your question sought more info. I said I didn't have it and what I had I was being respectful of the trust of others.

Barnevald had interjected her/himself into the discussion with no new information except taunting and your dynamic changes. Or was it a set up for your tantrum?.

My answer displeases you and you throw out an edict.

DCP has already lost many posters (according to the annual numbers of users in the footnote pages and the several posted assessments of a former proprietor) partially due to such self appointed edicts and silliness. Perhaps you are missing the change of culture at Crusaders where the B in BAC is now re-asserting itself as Best not Bully.

Edited by xandandl