Staff merri-go-round

1 minute ago, mcjordansc said:

I am surprised the DCP design experts aren't more busy with their corps today. Remarkable they have time to post here. 

Didn't you hear? DCP users decided their shows had a bad design, so the whole staff has already been fired.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Don't know if someone mentioned it yet, but Music City is looking for a new Director

From what I understand is they're looking for someone who can be more committed year round to the organization as a whole.  More upgrading to someone of that status.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Here said:

I know because there is no accountability for bad design and show concept in DCI. I have mentioned in other topics the significant design flaw in Crown's show this year that has cost them the founders. I am willing to listen to anyone provide a reasonable argument for how the 75% of the music Crown is playing this year has to do with deconstructing anything. The ONLY reason they are doing as well as they are is because the members are supremely talented and perform the show very well.

Yeah bad design sitting in third place. I'll be sure to hire you

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yeah bad design sitting in third place. I'll be sure to hire you

Why waste your time on someone who thinks a group who has medaled 3 times and tonight more than like making 4 in the last 5 yrs has a bad design team and should be replaced. Having an 6 time Ott hornline and ever so rising percussion line and members who flock to be a part of the organization! Who would ever think this team is doing so poorly hahahhaha!!!!!

• Like 1

I know it is a strange thing to do in this particular topic context, but I wanted to thank the participants on DCP. I was away from the forum for a couple of years and haven't participated in the drum corps as a member for almost 30 years. I recently came back on the forum and I've come to a realization: I'm not a fan of the activity anymore. It's not important to me and there are other things in life much more important than this. My opinions here don't really matter one way or the other and that's ok. They shouldn't because ultimately this activity is in the majority about business, making money, and entertaining. None of these major pursuits interest me at all.

I'm actually not angry at anyone on the DCP forum because I don't know anyone on here personally. I just know this activity is no longer for me. Life has moved on and instead of wasting my opinion on things that don't really matter, I have other things that do. Thanks to everyone for helping me realize this.

Farewell to all.

13 minutes ago, Just Here said:

I know it is a strange thing to do in this particular topic context, but I wanted to thank the participants on DCP. I was away from the forum for a couple of years and haven't participated in the drum corps as a member for almost 30 years. I recently came back on the forum and I've come to a realization: I'm not a fan of the activity anymore. It's not important to me and there are other things in life much more important than this. My opinions here don't really matter one way or the other and that's ok. They shouldn't because ultimately this activity is in the majority about business, making money, and entertaining. None of these major pursuits interest me at all.

I'm actually not angry at anyone on the DCP forum because I don't know anyone on here personally. I just know this activity is no longer for me. Life has moved on and instead of wasting my opinion on things that don't really matter, I have other things that do. Thanks to everyone for helping me realize this.

Farewell to all.

vpI6uEB.gif

• Like 4