Staff merri-go-round

Crown fires percussion staff and decides to really throw money around, so they hire the entire Santa Clara and Blue Devils percussion staffs.

Crown is just fine with what they have. Why would you want to blow up a staff that beat every other line at some point this year? This year has to be one of the best years, if not THE best, when it comes to percussion units. Yes Crown's placement might have stayed the same but that is NOT an indicator of the season they had this year. Very proud alum of that line!

• Like 2

Oh no, I hope tim doesn't leave Troopers. The Lucas oil events guy attacked him unprovoked... To fire him or have to resign under pressure would be completely unfair for an act of self defense. Hopefully Fred will fight hard for him. I know the Indianapolis police said tim could press charges against the security guy.

The video of e whole thing isn't going to do Tim any favors. Regardless of how it started, it very much became something else before it was finally stopped.

Edited by Kamarag

Crown is just fine with what they have. Why would you want to blow up a staff that beat every other line at some point this year? This year has to be one of the best years, if not THE best, when it comes to percussion units. Yes Crown's placement might have stayed the same but that is NOT an indicator of the season they had this year. Very proud alum of that line!

Pretty sure that was a joke

The WSS myth was not Cadets, but actually the countless marching bands that chopped up the music. The rumor started because of the timing of the letter.

As for Disney music, also a myth. Just need to take the time to do it.

John Williams is true.

However, there are composers and organizations with far less substantial material that are more difficult, which is absurd.

Regarding Bernstein's music, it's not just marching bands. A well known crooner who makes quite a few "adjustments" to songs was not allowed to perform a popular Bernstein piece at a Boston Pops concert, or do the story goes.

With Disney, I've heard much depends on whether Disney or the composer owns the rights. If it's Disney, I've heard that performing the music, especially in school settings, is not a problem as long as it is not recorded and sold, which can include local public service cable channels.

A writer I know used to get upset when people misinterpreted at least in his view the characters he created, and came to the conclusion it's hard for a writer to see his/her work interpreted differently than he/she intended. The same is probably true for composers.

Speaking of John Williams, a few weeks ago a little boy stood outside his house playing "Star Wars" on his trumpet. Williams, who can sometimes be aloof, loved it.

My only hope for the Cadets is that they bring back Jeff Sacktig.

While I would love to see him return (because I love his drill and because that would presumably signal that his wife is healthy), it would seem that "2015 Cadets drill" does not represent success in the activity today. In fact, I'd say the drill this year more closely represents the top three in terms of drill.

In what way? Fed up with having to work for George. Check out the Youth Education in the Arts reviews on Glassdoor some time.

Holy ####. If any of that is actually true, I've just lost all respect for Hopkins that I gained for him this season... What the hell?

The cherry on top is the one good review that is clearly written by Hopkins himself

• Like 8