Staff merri-go-round

Troopers had no choice but to take the action they did, but OC needs extra props for looking past the press, seeing the situation as we all did in the video, and having the kahunas to step up and make the grab.

Good for them, and for him!

Tim resigning was not due to the situation with the security guard. But all around good pickup for OC, and good for Tim too.

Tim resigning was not due to the situation with the security guard. But all around good pickup for OC, and good for Tim too.

Honestly...I'm not too sure people would buy into that spin...it's just not as plausible IMO...bad timing perhaps...Ockham's razor applies here...

Edited by Liahona

Your explanation would carry plausibility if it offered another, coincidental reason for the his departure days after the security guard event.

Something, anything that would explain the timing would be appreciated.

In the absence your denial of the obvious does, in fact, deny Occam. And his razor.

(But we agree: good catch for OC!)

Looks like Ebert just got picked up as new Visual Designer at Crossmen. I wonder if that means he left Madison.

And I wonder who they will get as their new Visual Designer. They had Jamey Thompson as a consultant, maybe

they will promote him as Designer. He did well in that position before (03-04).

Or....if he is available, I'd love to see Pete Weber come back to Madison. He designed their visual in 2005, and

did a spectacular job. He also brought a tech staff with him that actually had Madison get clean!

Your explanation would carry plausibility if it offered another, coincidental reason for the his departure days after the security guard event.

In the absence your denial of the obvious does, in fact, deny Occam. And his razor.

In his resignation announcement, he said this: "cant wait to let the world know whats next, but that will come in time."

Now, it could be:

- that he was completely lying, and he had no idea what was next

- that he was being optimistic, and he assumed that something would happen in his favor

Or, it could be:

- that he had already intended to reunite with his friend, Brad Green, and join the Oregon Crusaders

- that he sees OC as a a corps that finished just four spots behind the Troopers but offers him something different (e.g., different style of programming)

I agree that Ockham's razor helps explain many phenomena, absent other information. But it's fascinating that "unless you prove to me otherwise, I'm convinced he was fired" is the response here.

They had Jamey Thompson as a consultant, maybe

they will promote him as Designer. He did well in that position before (03-04).

His stuff in that time frame was great, and paired with programming, was huge for the resurgence of the corps. (same could be said of Phantom Regiment thereafter)

actually he himself announced on Facebook his resignation had been turned in before the incident

Or, it could be:

- that he had already intended to reunite with his friend, Brad Green, and join the Oregon Crusaders

- that he sees OC as a a corps that finished just four spots behind the Troopers but offers him something different (e.g., different style of programming)

My limited understanding here is that Blue was leaving to pursue his doctorate after this summer, so it's entirely plausible that BKG and OC were in talks with Tim prior to the end of the season. This is a great pickup for OC, and I'm looking forward for what it could mean for the brass book next year. Semifinal's recaps indicated the brass were outperforming the book, so this is definitely a line on the rise. If they can overhaul the visual team starting with drill writer OC could be dangerous next year. In my little black heart I hope Sylvester would be up for that challenge.

• Like 1

My limited understanding here is that Blue was leaving to pursue his doctorate after this summer, so it's entirely plausible that BKG and OC were in talks with Tim prior to the end of the season. This is a great pickup for OC, and I'm looking forward for what it could mean for the brass book next year. Semifinal's recaps indicated the brass were outperforming the book, so this is definitely a line on the rise. If they can overhaul the visual team starting with drill writer OC could be dangerous next year. In my little black heart I hope Sylvester would be up for that challenge.

No...it HAS to be something more sinister than that. It couldn't possibly have ANYTHING to do with something that is not filled with bad vibes.

• Like 2

In his resignation announcement, he said this: "cant wait to let the world know whats next, but that will come in time."

Now, it could be:

- that he was completely lying, and he had no idea what was next

- that he was being optimistic, and he assumed that something would happen in his favor

Or, it could be:

I agree that Ockham's razor helps explain many phenomena, absent other information. But it's fascinating that "unless you prove to me otherwise, I'm convinced he was fired" is the response here.

actually he himself announced on Facebook his resignation had been turned in before the incident

I stand corrected by this definitive info. Jeff's answer helps add credibility to yours, i.e. the decision to join his friend and help OC was made and announced to Troopers prior to the incident in Indy.

BTW, I didn't mean to imply I thought he was fired (not sure who you were quoting) but that they had no choice but to accept his resignation. I had always presumed he had left to save Troopers the negative exposure, not that he was fired for it. In that regard, it was convenient luck that he was planning a departure anyway.