Staff merri-go-round

I watch college football , but have never been on any school web sites never mind a message board for a particular sport. Obviously they must have them to create excitement and sell tickets.

No... Most of the college football fan message boards ( Scout, Rivals, etc ) of school's teams are totally unconnected to the school, so the reason they are there is not to " obviously sell tickets". So here's a suggestion for you... don't say a creation for something is " obvious", when its clear you just told us you are totally unfamilar with that something in the first place, and so what appears " obvious " to us then, is that you really don't have a clue about it.

Edited by BRASSO

No... Most of the college football fan message boards of school's teams are totally unconnected to the school, so the reason they are there is not to " obviously sell tickets". So here's a suggestion for you... don't say a creation for something is " obvious", when its clear you just told us you are totally unfamilar with that something in the first place, and so what appears " obvious " to us then, is that you really don't have a clue about it.

Obviously.

The Cadets do indeed require a large subsidy from the rest of YEA. It's right there in their 990s. I don't think it's much different anywhere else.

If you're expecting your WC drum corps to be a money maker, you're doing it wrong. The Bill Cook post upthread explains very well that you need other lines of business that can provide the funds required. For some corps, it's bingo. For YEA, it's US Bands.

But they also have (that I know of) the highest tour fees out there, and in a lot of cases by a huge margin. It seems like both of those things shouldn't be true.

. The number of talented staff waiting around to be hired is very limited and wanting to work with him narrows that to (noone)

GH will find capable staff to replace departed staff, imo.

That said, I can envision GH himself stepping down before too long. Its just a matter of time. Maybe not this year... but not much longer, I would imagine. ( and I have no contacts at Cadets.. its just reading the tea leaves, more or less. )

Edited by BRASSO

I would argue that he probably wants to turn the day to day operations of the Cadets over to someone else but probably hasn't been able to find the right person.

GH will find capable staff to replace departed staff, imo.

That said, I can envision GH himself stepping down before too long. Its just a matter of time. Maybe not this year... but not much longer, I would imagine. ( and I have no contacts at Cadets.. its just reading the tea leaves, more or less. )

• Like 1

If there are multiple episodes, they could still be filming. I would imagine he last episode is not in the can until a couple weeks before it goes to air, which is probably November or December.

I would imagine the filming is wrapped as they're advertising a 10/5 premiere date and have about 4 months of film to edit.

I would argue that he probably wants to turn the day to day operations of the Cadets over to someone else but probably hasn't been able to find the right person.

Could be.

Ellis Hampton officially out at Boston Crusaders

sWPqOIL.jpg

Ellis Hampton is a good guy, and very talented. He will be picked up quickly by another Corps if he wants to stay in DCI..., I'm sure of it.

Edited by BRASSO

Jeff, that would be surprising for George to edit himself in that manner. More than likely, he's laying low while the storm passes through before he assesses the damage which I fear will be severe.

That could be too. One never knows