Staff merri-go-round

Don't you worry, he'll be off your lawn in a minute.

Nobody comes over and mows my lawn!

• Like 1

All of us, whether me, GH, you, or Dan A. are but a breath and a heart beat away from all of this..

In my perspective, perhaps yours, a good CEO of a corps organization would always have at the ready a dream team list of who would we ask to fill the void if so and so got sick or died.

When Jim Ott died mid-tour, this reality became more than fiction for Spirit and others..

Cadets have already experienced Gino and Sacktig leaving once to teach the Magic of Orlando before returning 2 years later..

Who would you propose for Cadets if Gino and his brother-in-law Colin were going elsewhere? Both became Dads as well this past year.

Interesting coincidence I may have posted earlier this Spring when CWP cancelled its future:

Greg Lagola was nominated for Cadets' HoF and then left for Bluecoats; Jeff Sacktig was named to Cadets' HoF last season and then took a sabbatical for family reasons.

Colin McNutt was nominated and named to Cadets HoF this Spring.....

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

All of us, whether me, GH, you, or Dan A. are but a breath and a heart beat away from all of this..

In my perspective, perhaps yours, a good CEO of a corps organization would always have at the ready a dream team list of who would we ask to fill the void if so and so got sick or died.

When Jim Ott died mid-tour, this reality became more than fiction for Spirit and others..

Cadets have already experienced Gino and Sacktig leaving once to teach the Magic of Orlando before returning 2 years later..

Who would you propose for Cadets if Gino and his brother-in-law Colin were going elsewhere? Both became Dads as well this past year.

Interesting coincidence I may have posted earlier this Spring when CWP cancelled its future:

Greg Lagola was nominated for Cadets' HoF and then left for Bluecoats; Jeff Sacktig was named to Cadets' HoF last season and then took a sabbatical for family reasons.

Colin McNutt was nominated and named to Cadets HoF this Spring.....

I have had the misfortunate of working around a couple of organizations in which the leader intentionally and purposefully built the organization in such a top heavy way so as to ensure it couldn't operate without her/him. Sometimes it is a well intended mistake, other times not so well intended. Either way, the outcome is the same. It always ends ugly. Even Jobs, in his last months, made Tim Cook promise him they would never ask what he would do in any situation. He got it...the second time around...because he saw the peril in the other way the first time around.

I was going to bring this up. Were they disgruntled with Cadets at the time?

Also Jay Bocook left for the 02 and 03 seasons, though I think he did so for personal reasons.

Note that Cadets were without Sacktig, Bocook, and Cipriani for the 02 (and maybe 03?) season, and they seemed to do just fine. Of course, they were in a better situation in 01 than now...