Staff merri-go-round

Hyde Park isn't finished yet.

Yup.

Birdies are still chirping sweet sounds up in Boston.... chirp... chirp..

Edited by BRASSO

I'm willing to bet that this has already been posted, but Boston's going to sound great next year:

http://bostoncrusaders.org/2016/08/2017-brass-percussion-team/

I live in Castleton VT where BAC does their May camp - it is going to be sublime :)

• Like 4

Phantom's visual caption head might not be coming back. Source: Some guy on reddit

Might be a step in the right direction, but I think the program coordinator is probably the position that is most in need for change.

• Like 1

I live in Castleton VT where BAC does their May camp - it is going to be sublime :)

You can almost walk to BAC's May camp there then. I hate you. ( haha!)

• Like 1

Madison needs some key changes. They need to bring back Beddis to do what he does best....CLEAN! Sparling has been great filling

part of Lee's shoes, but just doesn't quite have that same ability to clean.

In short, Madison needs to modernize in all areas.

Ditching Sparling and bringing back Beddis would be the complete opposite of modernization. Tastes differ, I guess, but I've never met very many people in drum corps who like Beddis's writing, whereas Sparling's is already fantastic. Beddis just writes as many notes as possible without any consideration for musicality -- total opposite for Sparling (who still manages to get a lot of notes in despite caring about musicality).

Second, I was never particularly impressed with his lines at Crown as far as cleanliness goes. Maybe I just don't like the way he tunes? Dunno.

And third, I've never heard great things about the general vibe at lines he teaches at from the few guys I've known who marched under him. Of course, that could be hearsay as much as anything, so take that with a grain of salt for sure. But more generally, I just don't think corps-age guys really want to march under him any more. His prime was a while ago, IMO, so he's not the awesome young guy that attracts the best talent anymore.

Ditching Sparling and bringing back Beddis would be the complete opposite of modernization. Tastes differ, I guess, but I've never met very many people in drum corps who like Beddis's writing, whereas Sparling's is already fantastic. Beddis just writes as many notes as possible without any consideration for musicality -- total opposite for Sparling (who still manages to get a lot of notes in despite caring about musicality).

Having marched under Lee I beg to differ on musicality.

• Like 1

Might be a step in the right direction, but I think the program coordinator is probably the position that is most in need for change.

Agreed...

Edited by fireshane1

Organizations of all kinds, and industries, and activities, governments, and sometimes families usually get better because of creative-destruction.

Unfortunately, the destruction part is the hardest ($1 to Don Draper: "I've started over many times. This is the hardest part"**). I'm confident that the Cadets will be fine and, probably, stronger for all this quasi-upset.

Your knees and ankles, well, not so much. Sorry for your loss.

And I'm not changing my screen name.

**Ignoring the fact that the recipient of that advice hung himself a short time later.

Meh, it's Hollywood.

:tounge2:

. The Cubs. Edited by Terri Schehr