2017 Boston Crusaders

I am hearing that Dennis Delucia is going to be Boston's 2017 Percussion Caption Head, and the team of Rondinaro ( Steve ) and Potter ( Dan ) to team up to write the Show Design... with lots of narration in the offering.

But it could be a false rumor too, so lets not all jump to conclusions.

HOLY MACKEREL!

• Like 1

As mentioned before, I grabbed the hook, line, and sinker this year after all the posts about the strength of this years corps and everyone involved whether on or off the field beginning at Winter camps and right through ST. If possible, as the 2017 unfolds, please try to be closer to reality of what is happening. If the majority of mm look like HS juniors, then there's a chance they are fairly new to the activity, some vets left to climb the DCI ladder, and it's going to take more time getting the new mm up to speed than it does with a corps with an average age around 19/20. For some, the windmills were going to be the greatest props every in DCI. I believe they restricted the staff from making more changes. My frustration showed at times and was taken to the wood shed off the DCP pages to make that visit. Again, I apologize to those who were upset to read some posts not soaked in Kool Aide. I understand why all the corps type up announcements of new staff, camp turnouts, the skill level of those who auditions, etc., but when the upcoming season goes south (last time I checked, 12th is south of 10th) based on pre season expectations by those around the corps at times and the BOD, some of us may have a hard time and vent their feelings.

I do ok reading between the lines and reading the tea leafs. Whatever amount of intelligence I have, I'd like it not to be insulted. Just tell it too me straight and truthful. I'll still squirrel away some money that my wife doesn't know about, and even if future votes by the DCI corps directors force me into hiding from this activity, I'll still want the red and black to medal.

I didn't know where to start in response to your rant. You feel insulted then proceeded to insult the corps supporters. You feel misled. You shame people for drinking the kook aid. Again because they are supportive of these kids. You want it straight and truthful so here you go; stop insulting supporters. Please stop whining and slamming the corps staff and instructors because the results did not line up with you expectation; an expectation you blame others for, for misleading you. You were embarrassed by actions of a BOD member

So if I may suggest, to avoid being hurt or misled again by corps supporters promoting the positives they hear in the off season and spring training; take the entire off season off and jump back in at the first show of next season. Maybe next year will be to your liking. Enjoy the woodshed. It's made from windmills!

• Like 5

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (HYDE PARK, MA)

The Boston Crusaders are pleased to announce for the 2017 Season GHOST as the new Corps Director, Program Coordinator, Brass Caption Head, Percussion Caption Head, Staff Coordinator, Visual Designer and Director of Recruiting/Retention. A ring is now guaranteed.

• Like 9

Yes, I thought something smelled fishy about that comment. :satisfied:

...so I figured I respond just for the halibut.

I heard a recent rumor that in some locales in the country, the local library has 2 sections for books :.... " Fishin'..." and " non Fishin' "

But again, these are just rumors, and nobody should jump to conclusions on any of these rumors.

• Like 1

The Boston Crusaders are pleased to announce for the 2017 Season GHOST as the new Corps Director, Program Coordinator, Brass Caption Head, Percussion Caption Head, Staff Coordinator, Visual Designer and Director of Recruiting/Retention. A ring is now guaranteed.

Does this mean that BAC will have a" Ghost Writer" for 2017 ?

• Like 3

He's only looking for a medal. (Eliminated my wise crack) Edited by LabMaster

" We must all hang together, or assuredly, we will all hang separately "

Ben Franklin's words to his other Signers of the Declaration of Independence.

• Like 2

Ghost if you want it "straight", here goes. The 2016 Boston Crusaders don't owe you a thing. The members, staff, support staff, and management (inc the BOD) of BAC couldn't give a rats azz about what you know, what you think you know, or how much your experience in the corps 50 years ago entitles you to second guess anyone. Like many supporters of this drum corps, I am positive for the sake of the members and the folks in the trenches making it happen. I have been so since move in, but at no time did I promise or even predict a final placement, because ultimately, that is also partially dependent on how strong the other teams are.

There are many of us connected with the corps who just as soon see you take up golf. No, I would not suggest that you follow another corps, because I would hate to see you "haunting" anyone else either. And by the way Ghost, why don't you just come out and tell everyone your name instead of being a keyboard commando. The REAL Boston Crusaders perform in public, for all to see.

Sincerely,

Craig Scott

South Portland, Maine

PM me craiga