2017 Boston Crusaders

Ghost if you want it "straight", here goes. The 2016 Boston Crusaders don't owe you a thing. The members, staff, support staff, and management (inc the BOD) of BAC couldn't give a rats azz about what you know, what you think you know, or how much your experience in the corps 50 years ago entitles you to second guess anyone. Like many supporters of this drum corps, I am positive for the sake of the members and the folks in the trenches making it happen. I have been so since move in, but at no time did I promise or even predict a final placement, because ultimately, that is also partially dependent on how strong the other teams are.

There are many of us connected with the corps who just as soon see you take up golf. No, I would not suggest that you follow another corps, because I would hate to see you "haunting" anyone else either. And by the way Ghost, why don't you just come out and tell everyone your name instead of being a keyboard commando. The REAL Boston Crusaders perform in public, for all to see.

Sincerely,

Craig Scott

South Portland, Maine

Ditto

Ghost if you want it "straight", here goes. The 2016 Boston Crusaders don't owe you a thing. The members, staff, support staff, and management (inc the BOD) of BAC couldn't give a rats azz about what you know, what you think you know, or how much your experience in the corps 50 years ago entitles you to second guess anyone. Like many supporters of this drum corps, I am positive for the sake of the members and the folks in the trenches making it happen. I have been so since move in, but at no time did I promise or even predict a final placement, because ultimately, that is also partially dependent on how strong the other teams are.

There are many of us connected with the corps who just as soon see you take up golf. No, I would not suggest that you follow another corps, because I would hate to see you "haunting" anyone else either. And by the way Ghost, why don't you just come out and tell everyone your name instead of being a keyboard commando. The REAL Boston Crusaders perform in public, for all to see.

Sincerely,

Craig Scott

South Portland, Maine

This.

Sincerely,

Craig Scott

South Portland, Maine

Thank you, Craiga. Spot on.

From what I saw, those 'Giants' aged 17-21 are pretty awesome and very much worth retaining. To which, I commend the BAC/Inspire organization for their business acumen, support of donors, alums, and sponsors, and their open door (see social-media) policy of allowing ALL to express their concerns, best wishes, or questions directly to them without a chatroom filter.

Ghost, I get your loyalty and generosity but your anger or frustration won't bring it home.. talk to them .Cheers BAC17 ...and Happy 50th SCV!

And by the way Ghost, why don't you just come out and tell everyone your name instead of being a keyboard commando. The REAL Boston Crusaders perform in public, for all to see.

Sincerely,

Craig Scott

South Portland, Maine

Until now Craig, I believe you have been a "keyboard commando". There are not too many "REAL Boston Crusaders" performing in this public forum since most are using their commando names. To be consistent, one must feel that you're referring to all DCP posters as keyboard commando's if they are not using their real names. But then, some might be using aliases.

To BRASSO, Liahona, and Horn Teaher, thank you, but hopefully your "like this" check mark doesn't bring you any grief.

To BRASSO, Liahona, and Horn Teaher, thank you, but hopefully your "like this" check mark doesn't bring you any grief.

I love your passion for the Corps Ghost. I understand your hunger for better days. I understand the frustrations. Everybody has them from time to time. We all say things we wished we did not say, or the things we said were meant to be inspirational, or motivational, or a kick the the pants, or whatever... but in reality became counterproductive to what is desired. Stay positive Ghost. Keep patient. Don't lose faith. Boston does have a caring and intelligent Mgt that knows what it is doing, and has a plan that includes future placement improvement. God only knows, such tenacity in a attitude has served Boston well thru all the good years, the bad years, the soso years. No matter what today is like, tomorrow will always be better for the Boston Crusaders. That might be considered an unrealistic attitude, but its an attitude that has allowed a Corps like Boston to survive any and all things that life has thrown at them since the 1940's. Surely, as an alum of the Corps, you know this intuitively. Tomorrow will be better than today for the Boston Crusaders. And if not Monday, then Tuesday surely will be. And if 2017 isn't " their year ", then for certain, 2018 will be.. and so on, and so forth. You know what I'm sayin' ? Just believe. Thats all. Just believe. Keep the faith.. ok ? It all starts right there. The Belief.

Edited by BRASSO

Until now Craig, I believe you have been a "keyboard commando". There are not too many "REAL Boston Crusaders" performing in this public forum since most are using their commando names. To be consistent, one must feel that you're referring to all DCP posters as keyboard commando's if they are not using their real names. But then, some might be using aliases.

I have a thick skin...I will be just fine...I did not take as much offense to your post as others have...but the others DO make some valid points as well...and I could see that your post was a bit passive-aggressive...could we all have handled this situation better? That I say YES...BUT after all these are forums where different opinions are going to arise...drumcorps people are some of the most passionate people I have ever known...and I've rubbed shoulders with many of great successful individuals in this great country...

When I read forum posts on DCP...sometimes I ignore the extraneous content...and look at the INTENT of the poster...I get you feel betrayed in believing that Boston was going to move up this season and that they only floundered around...I felt your post as a plea of your passion in your true favor of caring about this corps....but the corps has proven to me (not that they ever had to prove anything) that they are indeed GIANTS...that truly believe in the motto "A Winner Never Quits and a Quitter Never Wins" philosophy that they teach...more so it seems anyway than any recent year of memory when they were down and out...the philosophy was that way when I marched for them 25+ years ago and it is even greater demonstrated today...THE CORPS I LOVE!

On July 2, 2015, it was formally declared by the corps' administration that, henceforth, "BAC" would also stand for "Building A Champion". it is my belief that they are doing just that...albeit the competitive (a very small part) of this promise is taken just a little longer than I anticipated...The fire and passion of this group runs deep...in some sense I feel BAC are already champions...but the stated goal is quite obvious as to what they truly mean...

• Like 2

I'll admit, I drank the Kool-Aid, and on Friday evening when the scores for those who placed 10th-25th in prelims were announced, I realized how refreshing Kool-aid can be.

Yes, the preseason hype was strong, but isn't that to be expected? With the exception of Kilties in 1979 who predicted a bad season when the roof of Kiltie Hall caved in after a blizzard, most finalists predict the best season ever.

BAC is not the only corps who had a show that looked good on paper and in theory worked well, and knowing what to change and when to change it can be tricky.

Regarding 2017, BAC needs to work hard to keep this year's rookies, who were young and inexperienced, but now know what is involved in drum corps.

For a few things I'd like to see in 2017

1. More kids from Greater Boston marching with BAC. I know the corps tries, and traveling to camps in Florida can be costly, but kids from Massachusetts who March do fly to out of state vamps, so why not March with BAC?

2. If East Coast Classic is going to be held at BC, could CYO Nationals be held in Lawrence? I enjoy the Quincy venue, but Lawrence needs a boost in the arm more than Quincy does.

I'll admit, I drank the Kool-Aid, and on Friday evening when the scores for those who placed 10th-25th in prelims were announced, I realized how refreshing Kool-aid can be.

Yes, the preseason hype was strong, but isn't that to be expected? With the exception of Kilties in 1979 who predicted a bad season when the roof of Kiltie Hall caved in after a blizzard, most finalists predict the best season ever.

BAC is not the only corps who had a show that looked good on paper and in theory worked well, and knowing what to change and when to change it can be tricky.

Regarding 2017, BAC needs to work hard to keep this year's rookies, who were young and inexperienced, but now know what is involved in drum corps.

For a few things I'd like to see in 2017

1. More kids from Greater Boston marching with BAC. I know the corps tries, and traveling to camps in Florida can be costly, but kids from Massachusetts who March do fly to out of state vamps, so why not March with BAC?

2. If East Coast Classic is going to be held at BC, could CYO Nationals be held in Lawrence? I enjoy the Quincy venue, but Lawrence needs a boost in the arm more than Quincy does.

If they have another show at Boston College...I'm in...that was a great venue for drumcorps...a million times better than Gillette Stadium IMO...

Boston College's Alumni Stadium was a great venue for this year's show. I agree with Liahona here. If at all possible, have it here again in 2017.... and what the heck.... every year.

Edited by BRASSO