2017 Boston Crusaders

First of all.....you're being placed in music suggestion time-out!

Is it too soon for another musical suggestion?...LOL

I personally love the brass parts in this piece of music...some interesting things going on at various times with the percussion as well...this is a grade 6 piece of musical literature...it has some down moments IMO....but that's what good arrangers can fix ...

Symphony No. 0 - Composer: Bart Picqueur
I) Fanfare for Ra, the Sun God
II) At the Source - Song and Dance of the Phoenix (04:08)
III) Death and Rebirth (12:58)
IV) Flight to Heliopolis - Ceremony for Ra (21:09)

Phoenix ex cinere suo renascitur (the Phoenix will rise from its ashes) is the motto of this wind orchestra. The mythical bird also takes pride of place in the orchestras banner. The mythology of several continents includes similar stories about a phoenix arising from its ashes. This work by Bart Picqueur is based on the Egyptian and Greek version. In ancient Egypt, the Phoenix occurred in the ritual of Ra, the sun god. Part 1: Fanfare for Ra, the sun god: After a mysterious introduction, the orchestra bursts out with resounding trumpets and exceptionally virtuoso kettledrums. It is a festive ode to the sun god. Part 2: At the source - Song and dance of the Phoenix The Phoenix lives a solitary existence at a source somewhere in Persia. His song and dance are of such a beauty that Ra, the sun god, stops his chariot every day at noon to enjoy the bizarre spectacle. Part 2 opens with an impression of the source, with a modal sound field of clarinets and piano. The song is melodious and sounds slightly oriental. The dance is capricious and virtuoso. Part 3: Death and rebirth When the Phoenix has grown old, he arranges his own death. He makes a nest out of incense and other fragrant herbs in the highest tree. When he has settled down in it, the sun sets the nest on fire. The old Phoenix perishes in the flames. A young strong Phoenix is born (reborn) from the ashes. Part 4: Flight to Heliopolis - ceremony for Ra The young Phoenix wraps the remains of the nest of its father in an egg of myrrh. As soon as he is strong enough to carry it, he takes it to Heliopolis (the city of light, which still exists near Cairo) where he sacrifices it in the temple of Ra. The work ends with a chorale in honour of St. Cecilia, the patron saint of numerous musical societies. The majestic final chord, however, is not what is seems. It all starts again from the beginning, the circle is complete (just as the number of the symphony).

Edited by Liahona

they are still arguing what hue of red is going to be Crusader red.

Says the maroon from Lawn Guyland.

What realistic placement do you think Boston will get next season? They won't magically jump 12th to medal. I remember animal farm they got Lentz(if I remember correctly) and they said it would be huge and then people were disappointed or this last season with the design staff. Names don't always breed success in the first season like Mike Babcock to the maple leafs. It takes time so what do you consider a good season and what do you consider a failed season?

First off, there is no such thing as a " failed season " at Boston. If you asking about placement predictions for 2017 and beyond, to be honest about it, nobody knows what the placements will be for the Boston Crusaders... nor for any other corps for that matter. Nobody on DCP knows what the levels of quality will be for other Corps for 2017 and beyond. Nobody knows right now what the return of this season's marchers in Boston will be for next season, nor the quality levels of the campers. Nobody knows what show theme, the design, the music will be, nor how quickly, and at what levels the new staff will come together and meld as one cohesive group in their show design and in their instruction. Bottom line ? its way too early here in August to know what " placements " the Boston Crusaders will have next August. The only thing we know is that this new staff that Boston is putting together is jaw dropping good in terms of what it has accomplished in the past. But the past is the past. No more, no less. That said, these are exciting times at the Boston Crusaders, and there is the POTENTIAL to do special things next season and beyond at Boston. Thats all anyone can realistically say at the moment, imo.

Being marooned on L.I. is never a problem with our wonderful seafood, vineyards, friendly people, and Jerry Seinfeld.

lol

In the past 25 years, the biggest jump in placement has been 6, most recently by the Blue Stars in 2008 from 14th to 8th.

I believe the most Boston could jump to in year 1 would be to 8th place (4 spots). Top 5 is too strong, and BK, Cadets, Phantom will be great as well. So they would have to beat 1 of them to get 8th. But anything can happen like in 2009 when Phantom dropped 8 spots.

In my many conversations with the Boston Mgt over the last 2 years, I can tell you that they are not looking at 2017 alone. They know this is a process. The building blocks to Build a Champion are systematically being put in place with not a 1 year plan, but a multi year plan to attain organizational goals.. those goals do not include just " placement goals " alone, by the way. The long range plans are quite ambitious and are to be found across many sectors in terms of setting up an environment for future stability, growth, and excellence all across the organization of Inspire/ Boston Crusaders. So while people ( too many, imo ) are looking at the tree of a 1 year placement chances ( 2017 ) for Boston, the Mgt of Boston is looking at the entire forest of future possibilities from 2017-2027. its defiinately a multi year plan, and started just a little under 3 years ago... that 1st stage was to put the corps on solid financial footing FIRST. That stage has been accomplished, and its now onto Stage 2, in the multi year, long range, plan for Inspire/ Boston Crusaders.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Being marooned on L.I. is never a problem with our wonderful seafood, vineyards, friendly people, and Jerry Seinfeld.

With the summer traffic on LI, one has wonderful opportunities to be marooned there too ( haha! )

• Like 1

With the summer traffic on LI, one has wonderful opportunities to be marooned there too ( haha! )

What summer traffic?

that's only for the inlanders and the city folk invaders.

Me, it's 92 steps and 2 landings down to the beach with 113 straight miles of shoreline on each side of the island, not counting the inlets, harbors, the 2 Forks, and the sub-islands and sandbars (Shelter, Fire, Plum, Gardiner's, and Gull.)

Traffic...try getting out of a Bay State Rotary where the traffic coming in has the right-of-way over the traffic trying to get out. Counter-intuitive.