2017 Boston Crusaders

no doubt. maybe the music was already way ahead of the visual and the addition of the visual guys pushed them forward a lot.

interestingly both those guys do way better in MB than DC.

Yeah music was always great, I'll give you that. When Hunt, George the others came on they we're set up for huge success with the shows.

I think R. George had a GREAT run from 2011 - 2013 at Boston. When the shows as a whole started getting unsteady his arranging went that way too. I still think he is very capeable, though it's getting time to put something really strong out there again.

Edited by DrumManTx

He's proven himself as an INCREDIBLY capable arranger, some bumps in the road the last few years but that doesn't mean he isn't still an awesome composer. I wasn't aware until recently that he actually was involved with three of my favorite high school shows:

Found it interesting that he is still arranging after all their staff changes, but honestly maybe it's what is given to him to arrange that might have been the issue a few times in recent years. I really like the way he voices things, and there have been some really great moments in their last few shows even if there have been some issues overall. I'm interested in seeing what he does next year, and what he is given to work with, cause he was on a ROLL with shows like 2011 and 2012.

From a musical perspective...I may be in the minority but I really loved 2010 show writing...it almost seems like that was a forgotten year for BAC...and since your talking about musical arrangements by /Ryan George I thought I throw that one in to your suggestions as good writing IMO...

From a musical perspective...I may be in the minority but I really loved 2010 show writing...it almost seems like that was a forgotten year for BAC...and since your talking about musical arrangements by /Ryan George I thought I throw that one in to your suggestions as good writing IMO...

I think this season will be a very good test on what Ryan George's brass writing potentially can be for the Boston Crusaders. He will have complimentary staff, marchers, etc to now really soar, if its in him. I think it is in him... but this is the year to really know, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

I hope that Gino has some input into the details of the Brass book to mold to his style. I've got confidence in Keith Potter and Ryan George to work together to get the show and music to gel beautifully.

• Like 2

I think this season will be a very good test on what Ryan George's brass writing potentially can be for the Boston Crusaders. He will have complimentary staff, marchers, etc to now really soar, if its in him. I think it is in him... but this is the year to really know, imo.

oh i dont think Ryan George will be the only designer under scrutiny in 2017. when you show the money to a completely new design team, i think they will all be under scrutiny. sure is gonna be fun to watch.

Also curious how Gino meshes with drill writer. He really pressed Jeff about staging etc to max out brass and not always to Jeff's first instincts.

Also curious how Gino meshes with drill writer. He really pressed Jeff about staging etc to max out brass and not always to Jeff's first instincts.

Nothing wrong with that IMO...the Cadets final product was usually STELLAR by the end....that's what a good collaborative effort is all about IMO...

The Boston Crusaders have had lots of staff comings and goings over the last 6 years, requiring lots of staff attempting to meld together each and every season, so this off season for Boston will be no different in the respect that coordination among new staff will be neccessary at Boston to maximize results. A few other top tier Corps will now be similarly required to undergo coordination of many new key staff changes at maximum teamwork levels in order to maximize on field results now too. This should make for a very interesting 2017 season...... and beyond !

Edited by BRASSO