2017 Boston Crusaders

I found this straw poll online for boston...I'm offended they didn't include 1990....and why the heck did they start with 1994?...LOL

Animal farm seems to be winning....lol

https://strawpoll.de/x6423w4

I'd love to know the ages of those who have taken this straw poll. I always assume "Red" will be the overwhelming favorite with "You Are My Star" and "Revolution" as second and third. Showing my age, I guess. For my taste, "Titans" is a great show and underrated. Personally I remember loving 1978.

I'd love to know the ages of those who have taken this straw poll. I always assume "Red" will be the overwhelming favorite with "You Are My Star" and "Revolution" as second and third. Showing my age, I guess. For my taste, "Titans" is a great show and underrated. Personally I remember loving 1978.

Assuming that's one that popped on on the drum corps Reddit.

Pretty much every one of those polls for every corps has either A) the corps most recent or more recent shows or B) the cliche one at the top.

Not disvaluing the votes of people but it's usually a pretty young demographic on there (a lot more marching members whose thoughts I always respect/under 30 fans).

I voted for 2006...under appreciated show IMO.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

well I voted for Red, though I would have voted for the 1969 show if it was on the list! :tounge2:

(I'm old...what can I say!)

• Like 1

Pretty much every one of those polls for every corps has either A) the corps most recent or more recent shows or B) the cliche one at the top.

Not disvaluing the votes of people but it's usually a pretty young demographic on there (a lot more marching members whose thoughts I always respect/under 30 fans).

Yes that is where I found the poll...I've noticed a lot of what you've mentioned...I've only recently began to read stuff from there...lot's of questions about what the drum corps experience is like...what are the expectations of different corps...not much hold to tradition or history etc...I like reading about drum corps from those different perspectives...

That was my guess when I saw "Animal Farm" was the top choice. I can remember seeing BAC in Atlanta in 2014 with a crowd that appeared to be younger than most of the shows I attend in the Northast, the crowd went wild for "Animal Farm." A few days later I was back home and attended the Quincy show, a show sponsored by BAC with a generally older crowd, and the reception was warm, but lots of people were scratching their heads.

I was thinking today... If Boston has a high quality program this year, just how good and exciting can they be? To be perfectly honest they are attracting the most hype from me simply because I have absolutely no idea how well/poorly they'll do and what direction they'll go creatively. I'm very excited.

And does anyone have any idea or inkling or clue when they'll announce?

Edited by Damonallred

Since some believe GH never recovered from Boston announcing before he did last year, even if a concept is ready, they'll give GH the opportunity to go first.

I've seen BAC announce early...September(2015) and...late as June...with animal farm... the first day of their first show...so it's a crap shoot IMO...

Edited by Liahona

To be perfectly honest they are attracting the most hype from me simply because I have absolutely no idea how well/poorly they'll do and what direction they'll go creatively. I'm very excited.

I'm trying not to hop onto the hype train...it's been really hard...guess it's because I've been hoping for something like this for 2 decades or more...lol

I was thinking today... If Boston has a high quality program this year, just how good and exciting can they be? To be perfectly honest they are attracting the most hype from me simply because I have absolutely no idea how well/poorly they'll do and what direction they'll go creatively. I'm very excited.

I'm sure the program will be of quality. We've seen corps assemble dream team staffs (SCV 6 years ago, Madison maybe around the same time). The results are mixed. Madison had a nice pop up for a few years and SCV moved to the 4-5 range. Neither won or medaled but it nudged them in the right direction. The trick in the WGI era is to develop an identity (see Bluecoats) and max it out. The days of having a solid brass, percussion etc helps but won't get you to win or even medal.
  • Like 1