2017 Boston Crusaders

I was responding to Corpsband. Didn't realize it was a Boston thread. Thought I was in Crown thread. My point was I have not seen a MT brass line yet so it's a big unknown but yes, of his Cadets Mello lines are an indication of things to come, that's a good thing

Ha, ha. I got duped by Corpsband taking squatters rights....................................................................................................................................................................except at Boston College. :tounge2:

Something that is driving me crazy. What does the "A" stand for when do abbreviates Boston crusaders as "BAC?" I know we can't use "BC" so that we can delineate from bluecoats...but this is driving me MAD!

ironically, Blood/Alcohol Content according to some authorities.

Something that is driving me crazy. What does the "A" stand for when do abbreviates Boston crusaders as "BAC?" I know we can't use "BC" so that we can delineate from bluecoats...but this is driving me MAD!

Some claim BAC means Boston Area Corps or Crusaders, others Bad A#+! Corps or Crusaders. At CYO Nationals Tribute in 2015 Mike Woodall said it stands for Building A Champion. So I suppose you can take your pick.

Edited by Tim K

a very long time ago, a boston crusader told me that BAC stands for "Boston's Almighty Crusaders".

he told me never to tell anyone that.

So why'd you tell?

One has only to look/hear Cadets' French horn features the last two seasons to know Mike's ability. Refer to his website and band composing to discern his complexity and nuances. No problems at all if you are not pre-judging him as the little kid from Southwind so many years ago. Let him grow.

Drew who has taught several WC corps, arranged for Cavaliers, has judged BOA Grand Nationals and many Hopkins-bands shows has professional credentials of very good merit.

By the way, what are your musical credentials and why are you not posting your fears on the Cadets' thread rather than giving Corpsband and Crownies more grist for gossip? Ring chasing?

I was responding to Corpsband. Didn't realize it was a Boston thread. Thought I was in Crown thread. My point was I have not seen a MT brass line yet so it's a big unknown but yes, of his Cadets Mello lines are an indication of things to come, that's a good thing

There's a rationale for why we're here.

A. Boston poster says they are competitive with Crown B. I say oh BAC is medaling? C. Boston poster says hubris saying Crown will be in medal contention. D. CB calmly points out that medal contention is a reasonable expectation but not a guaranteer.

So.. we were both fine.

Concur with Crown. They are fine. Maybe improved?

Cadets -- if someone stays OUT of the design meetings, I have no doubt Bobby Jones will make a big positive impact on the Cadets design. Not just drill --- design. He's the real deal and probably the most overlooked pickup for Cadets.

But that is a Sabado GIGANTE sized if.

well, there's gotta be some kind of statute of limitations, eh? i mean he told me this thirty years ago.

Yeah I was saying it more tongue-in-cheek haha

A. Boston poster says they are competitive with Crown B. I say oh BAC is medaling? C. Boston poster says hubris saying Crown will be in medal contention. D. CB calmly points out that medal contention is a reasonable expectation but not a guaranteer.

So.. we were both fine.

Cadets -- if someone stays OUT of the design meetings, I have no doubt Bobby Jones will make a big positive impact on the Cadets design. Not just drill --- design. He's the real deal and probably the most overlooked pickup for Cadets.

I would hope that GH learned after the abomination of a season Cadets had last year that he should take a back seat to overall design, He's good with musical impacts and effect but not with the show concept stuff.

I will give him credit that after a mass exodus of staff in late August, he has done a decent job with assembling a nice new team. We'll see.

So.. we were both fine.

That's a giant Saturday if?