2017 Boston Crusaders

23 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I am feeling better about my spring training reports about Bluecoats now. Rumor has it they might field a WC corps this year ... but you didn't hear it from me.

It could very well be a follow the leader mentality at work, Jurassic Lancer. One Corps comes out with the info that they will be competing once again this summer in the World Class Division, and not to be outdone and beat at the public relations game, another Corps comes out immediately to let the fans know that they TOO will be competing in the World Class Division once again this season. But until we get to June, we really won't know if these offseason rumors are accurate or not. That said, it is sort of exciting to hear some new and exciting info and/ or rumors such as this in the offseason, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I think Global Warming has forced the frigid Corps to seek shelter in warm caves in the offseason now Mike. I don't know what they do in there all winter, but my guess is that they huddle over fire pits, sing chants, and draw cave paintings. But I'm not really sure, really.

There you go trying to imitate the Cadets again. or was it Cavalier Advent Anthems?  Just soooooooooo derivative.:innocent:

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Are those Utah roads easier or harder to ride  than back East, Ghost ? Less traffic would be my 1st thought, but arn't those roads out there pretty narrow, curvy, and thus maybe a little more challenging ?... Or not ?

Nope. Big spaces and big roads. I-70 speed limit 85 MPH posted most of the way in Utah.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Nope. Big spaces and big roads. I-70 speed limit 85 MPH posted most of the way in Utah.

And don't forget I-15 also has higher speed limits. (I think only UT and TX have stretches of highways that allow 85 MPH.) But those on two wheels just love the thousands of miles of twisty back roads.  There are probably more ATV's out here then MC with all the off road trails. 

• Like 1

While Brasso was practicing how to be a prune in his tanning sessions with his Tampa troubadours at Lakeland H.S,, the most venerable other BAC Alumni were swaggering up the streets of my former abode, Scituate, Mass with hints of the BAC uniform change perhaps. Nope they are not Pioneer nor The Cavaliers but BACA was all attired in GREEN,  costumes, not uniforms. I had to look twice to see Waldo's appearance but he was still festooned in red.

BAC Alums begin at about 0.50 of this video taken yesterday  http://www.patriotledger.com/news/20170327/soggy-and-belated-scituate-parade-still-worthy-of-irish-riviera

For those not of Irish heritage nor from the Northeast, you may be surprised that St. Patrick's Day parades go on for the whole month of March, and sometimes into April if weather conditions are too raw. Ya see, there are only so many bag pipe bands......and drum and bugle corps.

Edited by xandandl

Was anything of note said in the Herbert Washington interview on Marching Roundtable? Getting a little desperate for answers at this point...

5 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Was anything of note said in the Herbert Washington interview on Marching Roundtable? Getting a little desperate for answers at this point...

nope

17 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

I'll accept what Liahona typed since I cancelled the recording after a few minutes.

1 hour ago, brassdude6171 said:

mums the word.

7 hours ago, BRASSO said:

mums the word.

oh, it's a show about flowers because some might have thought BAC was pushing up daisies previously? Now everything is smelling roses and tulips since Holland came aboard. (pun intended.)