2017 Boston Crusaders

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

If the use of singing by Boston is the gold standard according to many posters this season, is the corps getting the highest points for this one element of their show?

Hard to tell in my opinion.  Especially since the corps is already strong in music and GE singing aside.  

8 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If the use of singing by Boston is the gold standard according to many posters this season, is the corps getting the highest points for this one element of their show?

Its impossible for anyone to know, imo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Its impossible for anyone to know, imo

True, there really is no way to tell.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac13 said:

First time on this thread, and for good reason...

I saw Boston for the first in years last night in Salem.  First, I have never been a huge fan of vocalists so lets get that out of the way.  Before last night I would be the one to say the less vocals, the better.  

Your vocalist really changed my mind about vocals in drum corps.  Not only is she a phenomenal singer, but her mix with the brass is completely seamless.  It feels so cohesive and is integrated so effectively.  I've never been overly impressed by vocals in the marching arts, but Lord I had chills.  The woman next to me was a first timer to DCI...cried.  All she could say when the show ended was how beautiful and well executed "the singing part" of it was.  

I've watched YouTube videos now that I've seen it live, not even remotely close (although they do get me teary remembering last night).  Boston is definitely onto something, and they've changed my mind about singing.  If anyone is going to have vocals, Boston '17 must be the standard from now on.  

Not to mention the show itself was excellent in all captions.  It's probably going to end up being my favorite from 2017.  I tip my hat to this excellent corps and wish you all the best the rest of the season.  You've got brilliant talent both on the field and on staff. 

Sincerely, 

Crown fan 

I responded in the other thread...but I'll respond here as well with a bit of expansion on my comments..

This will be interesting phenomenon for me as well...I am also not a fan of vocals...I've never have been since they were first introduced to drum corps...I pretty much have just tolerated them...some times feeling that they are cringe-worthy at best...other times feeling that they were a bit nice but too much etc etc etc...I'll have to see how I feel after tomorrows LIVE show in Clifton...I don't think I've ever cried at a drum corps show...that would be some amazing feat to pull that emotion off...

I will go with an open mind...I've highlighted above my biggest complaint of singing with drum corps..it doesn't seem to blend with the brass...honestly I've felt it never could do that very well...perhaps Boston will make me a new believer that it is possible...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

I responded in the other thread...but I'll respond here as well with a bit of expansion on my comments..

This will be interesting phenomenon for me as well...I am also not a fan of vocals...I've never have been since they were first introduced to drum corps...I pretty much have just tolerated them...some times feeling that they are cringe-worthy at best...other times feeling that they were a bit nice but too much etc etc etc...I'll have to see how I feel after tomorrows LIVE show in Clifton...I don't think I've ever cried at a drum corps show...that would be some amazing feat to pull that emotion off...

I will go with an open mind...I've highlighted above my biggest complaint of singing with drum corps..it doesn't seem to blend with the brass...honestly I've felt it never could do that very well...perhaps Boston will make me a new believer that it is possible...

There is little doubt you will enjoy the singing as Boston has done it.   It is how you hope singing would be integrated in a production.  Emphasis on integration.  You may have a burning desire for more.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LabMaster said:

There is little doubt you will enjoy the singing as Boston has done it.   It is how you hope singing would be integrated in a production.  Emphasis on integration.  You may have a burning desire for more.

It fits beautifully.   

• Like 3

Got to see them Sunday night, and last night, and man I just cannot WAIT to see them again in Indy! This might be one of my top 5 favorite shows ever.

Edited by Trumpet2
  • Like 7

Productive rehearsal out in the gorgeous Newville, PA today!

20449299_1513542945356310_89659351316674

20543592_1513542872022984_43238043355410

20626605_1513543202022951_78240037944116

• Like 2

Cadets just jumped over BAC while they were off today.  Have to hit it hard tomorrow and Thursday to get back in it!  Caveliers also pulled further away with a very nice score tonight.  

Just now, Den8uml said:

Cadets just jumped over BAC while they were off today.  Have to hit it hard tomorrow and Thursday to get back in it!  Caveliers also pulled further away with a very nice score tonight.  

Boston Strong.

• Like 1