2017 Boston Crusaders

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Boston in Lawrence was spectacular last night and all the hometown fans who have not seen them live before last night were blown away.  Even fans who had seen them last in Everett, were astounded at how much better that have become.  The growth of the show has been tremendous.  Good, smart decisions continue to be made as this show develops.  Now they are into the final stretch of the season with three shows left before Indy.  One of these shows will be the proof of the pudding; Allentown.  Saturday night Cadets, Boston and Cavaliers are all on one after another.  Boston has rehearsal in Lawrence all day today, then they visit the corps roots tonight in Hyde Park.  Where it all began.  Tonight is history night.  Some MM's have heard some of this before, new MM's get to learn about Boston through the years, culminating in THIER Boston Crusaders.  This is their corps now.  They are making their own history and is has been exciting to watch it all unfold.  I don't care what any outsider says about any of us hyping this corps.  This year, especially this year it is deserved.  The organization stepped up with a focus and determination that Boston, a founding member of DCI,  deserves to be in the elite echelon of DCI.

If no one minds, on behalf of all alumni, fans and friends of BAC, thank you to the BOD, the leadership, instructional staff, show designers, techs, volunteers, and the many many people who have put this program on the road.  Thank you seems to not be enough.  This has been along time coming and there is still much to do.  This is the first step in a long range plan.

To the MM's; I don't know if you will ever see this note but thank you for all your hard work, your focus your skill and talent.  You are an amazing group of Giants.  We wish you all the very best in the coming days. Your hard work these many months is paying off and there are still more dividends to come no doubt.  You are the story of DCI this year.  You are everything we alumni, fans and friends have been hoping for, for such a long time and we are all very proud of you.  Keep pushing these last few days and finish off the best summer we hope you have ever had.  Eat em up Boston.   Now Allentown, then Indy must Burn.

You said it all so well. ....To Gretchen that drove from Marion, Iowa to Lacrosse with $ 500. Worth of donated necessities in various areas. To ' ICE ' running the kitchen in the best way . to the drivers doing the 500 mile night trips, the alumni that jumped in to help for a day when BAC was in their area. The Crusader family's that sponsored meals all along the way.  You said it all Lab Master, just tossed in some road stuff...

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Rhumbline said:

You said it all so well. ....To Gretchen that drove from Marion, Iowa to Lacrosse with $ 500. Worth of donated necessities in various areas. To ' ICE ' running the kitchen in the best way . to the drivers doing the 500 mile night trips, the alumni that jumped in to help for a day when BAC was in their area. The Crusader family's that sponsored meals all along the way.  You said it all Lab Master, just tossed in some road stuff...

You are so right.  There are so many things that get done that go unnoticed,  but are equally as important as anything else in the daily successes of a drum corps.  And for so many years Boston had to be so self sufficient, so self reliant, the appreciation for the road assistance during the season seems inadequate.  So thank you to all the Crusaders helpers along the tour,  it takes all of these kindnesses and your generosity to make this all work and for this year to be as wildly successful as it is.  And most of all these kids who work so hard for our enjoyment and legacies are very appreciative as well.  It shows in every performance.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

This corps! That guard!!!

Despite some rather quirky caption scores, Boston came out of Allentown in good shape tonite. Heard from several people that were there at the show that they were one of the big hits with the audience there these last 2 nites. Keep up this fantastic season, keep pushing all the way !... 91.188 score tonite... and the sky remains the limit with this show and season STILL !

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Despite some rather quirky caption scores, Boston came out of Allentown in good shape tonite. Heard from several people that were there at the show that they were one of the big hits with the audience there these last 2 nites. Keep up this fantastic season, keep pushing all the way !... 91.188 score tonite... and the sky remains the limit with this show and season STILL !

agreed. Frankly Cadets & Boston both did very well with the audience - a lot of shows did. It was odd when 2 of the top shows got less reaction 

Boston was terrific tonight

• Like 2

Love, love, love this show.  I was watching Flo with several people tonight who hadn't seen the show and was raving about the drill, including when they spell out 'guilty', and the camera person/crew totally blew it.  One person saw the GUI part but I didn't even see that.  Anyway, we all loved the show and I can say without a doubt, it's my favorite Boston show since I became a fan in 2010.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 4

Just now, luv4corps said:

Love, love, love this show.  I was watching Flo with several people tonight who hadn't seen the show and was raving about the drill, including when they spell out guilty, and the camera person blew it.  One person saw the GUI part but I didn't even see that.  Anyway, we all loved the show and I can say without a doubt, it's my favorite Boston show since I became a fan in 2010.

I still love RED but this is my second favorite of "modern times" 

• Like 2

Just now, luv4corps said:

Love, love, love this show.  I was watching Flo with several people tonight who hadn't seen the show and was raving about the drill, including when they spell out guilty, and the camera person blew it.  One person saw the GUI part but I didn't even see that.  Anyway, we all loved the show and I can say without a doubt, it's my favorite Boston show since I became a fan in 2010.

So, Boston is somehow doing a show about graphic user interfaces?

• Like 2