2017 Boston Crusaders

score or placement be ######, the organization did what it wanted to do this year.

Now it needs to add some stabs at the end...i think you'd notate it like this:

..|.|...

the roof will blow off

• Like 6

Love the fire at the end of the show and was wondering where I had seen it before......Avon HS used the exact same prop at BOA in 2014! Some of the same staff that teach Avon also are teaching BAC this year! 

14 minutes ago, Liahona said:

They are actually 1.65 points behind them right now in head to head.

Two points behind I'd say NO.

1.65...slight chance...BAC is at their best come finals...strong track record for strong push in the end...either way good luck to both corps...

Yeah, I'm optimistic. The fact that Cavies beat Boston in every single sub caption, last night, suggests that the door is closing. 

39 minutes ago, blakman7 said:

Does anyone think that BAC will get that 5th place spot? Granted, 2 points behind Cavaliers will be tough to pass but anything is possible. Is there really anything else that they can do at this point besides clean.....which they are already pretty clean. 

Maybe if when they got to Indy they stayed in a hotel, with soft beds and showers and got a good nights rest each night......Oh wait;  they ARE staying in a hotel.  Well then maybe they can catch 5th.  LOL       What better way to cap off an amazing season.  Room service perhaps?  All kidding aside (but I'm not kidding about the hotel) you hear of sports teams being built for playoffs with successful ones having a solid plan executed by a solid staff.  That has been the case this year with BAC.  Solid plan with a solid instructional team.  A team that has experience to guide these kids through this week (in particular) successfully,  so they max this show out for all it is worth and then some.  This week should have little cleaning and more of a performance focus.  Back off layering and cleaning (I would guess all the show additions are in place) and perform, perform, perform. What an exciting year for these kids.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Maybe if when they got to Indy they stayed in a hotel, with soft beds and showers and got a good nights rest each night......Oh wait;  they ARE staying in a hotel.  Well then maybe they can catch 5th.  LOL       What better way to cap off an amazing season.  Room service perhaps?  All kidding aside (but I'm not kidding about the hotel) you hear of sports teams being built for playoffs with successful ones having a solid plan executed by a solid staff.  That has been the case this year with BAC.  Solid plan with a solid instructional team.  A team that has experience to guide these kids through this week (in particular) successfully,  so they max this show out for all it is worth and then some.  This week should have little cleaning and more of a performance focus.  Back off layering and cleaning (I would guess all the show additions are in place) and perform, perform, perform. What an exciting year for these kids.

I would argue that sleeping in a gym and bonding as a team would be more beneficial than splitting up the kids into hotel rooms for the last week of the season.

36 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

score or placement be ######, the organization did what it wanted to do this year.

Now it needs to add some stabs at the end...i think you'd notate it like this:

..|.|...

the roof will blow off

Interesting week ahead ;) Jeff

24 minutes ago, Jeremy Denzer said:

I would argue that sleeping in a gym and bonding as a team would be more beneficial than splitting up the kids into hotel rooms for the last week of the season.

I would argue that you are incorrect.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jeremy Denzer said:

Love the fire at the end of the show and was wondering where I had seen it before......Avon HS used the exact same prop at BOA in 2014! Some of the same staff that teach Avon also are teaching BAC this year! 

The true test of this team will be 2018. No doubt they each brought cool ideas to Boston, and had the freedom to implement most of them. But next year, when expectations are so much higher, the challenge truly begins. What will Boston's real direction be? How closely will it align to 2017 and how much freedom will the staff explore? Will they stay in the "Carolina Crown" direction or move more traditional (unlikely) or cutting edge (possible). Boston has always been a traditional corps in a broad sense, but success (and we've seen plenty this year) brings opportunity to stretch. Look at Cavaliers for proof.

• Like 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

The true test of this team will be 2018. No doubt they each brought cool ideas to Boston, and had the freedom to implement most of them. But next year, when expectations are so much higher, the challenge truly begins. What will Boston's real direction be? How closely will it align to 2017 and how much freedom will the staff explore? Will they stay in the "Carolina Crown" direction or move more traditional (unlikely) or cutting edge (possible). Boston has always been a traditional corps in a broad sense, but success (and we've seen plenty this year) brings opportunity to stretch. Look at Cavaliers for proof.

I think the expectations are high for tryouts and having some of the best new members in 2018.  Recruiting is hard when you're in 12th and should improve when you finish in 6th ish. If the design and skills teams bring their best again, and the performance skills are a little higher on average across the board, then they have huge potential. They will benefit from a great start with a loved show, so they get early season placement. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

The Boston Crusaders have always been innovators throughout their history, e.g., perc, musical style, CG,and electronics. This staff and Board are enabling their potential and their future... BAC are not Crown and not 'Avon'. They'll continue to succeed and be just who they want to be. A great 78th year ahead and many more to follow.

Props too, to Carolina, Bones and BAC...you are each thriving and formulating your own styles and successes.Congratulations.

Edited by CorpwithanS
  • Like 3