2017 Boston Crusaders

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

yes, that was about five pages of the BAC thread in late July (Tarpon Springs, Blue Knights, ad nauseum.) Boston did it well and I got dizzy watching it. My neck hurt trying to mimic all the head moves.

Well BAC wiggled right past your beloved Cadets...didn't hurt my neck any at all...silly comment...Did you try to stand on your head and try to play your drums along with the Cavies one year as well?...haha

Just now, Liahona said:

Well BAC wiggled right past your beloved Cadets...didn't hurt my neck any at all...silly comment...Did you try to stand on your head and try to play your drums along with the Cavies one year as well?...haha

just trying to appreciate the difficulty and synchronization that was well done. Besides I hadn't been to my chiropractor in a while. 

52 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I missed all of that.  

Around the time the BAC beat the Cadets for the first time this year, George mentioned wiggle/wiggling in a condescending way.  The same George who referred to another poster as a whiner.  Can't recall if it was in the Cadets thread or the BAC thread.

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Around the time the BAC beat the Cadets for the first time this year, George mentioned wiggle/wiggling in a condescending way.  The same George who referred to another poster as a whiner.  Can't recall if it was in the Cadets thread or the BAC thread.

Hopefully, we can all just put this behind us and enjoy the corps.   I try to find something I like about all of them.  :12_slight_smile:

31 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Hopefully, we can all just put this behind us and enjoy the corps.   I try to find something I like about all of them.  :12_slight_smile:

now that the drum corps season is over and the numbers are in, they are transferring the squabbling to renaming Yawkey outside Fenway.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm a Cubs fan so that's Greek to me! :laughing:

Tom Yawkey owned the Red Sox and the club was the last major league team to sign a black player.  The current owner, John Henry is probably going to  re name the street.  If they do, they should cover up the "dots and dashes " on the scoreboard that represent the initials of Yawkey and his wife.

• Like 1

Just now, Ghost said:

Tom Yawkey owned the Red Sox and the club was the last major league team to sign a black player.  The current owner, John Henry is probably going to  re name the street.  If they do, they should cover up the "dots and dashes " on the scoreboard that represent the initials of Yawkey and his wife.

Thanks!  I've always wanted to go to Fenway.  I hope I can get there for a game. 

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The Sox can request a name change by the city.  The city can only change the name.  The new name suggestion is Big Papi Way.  I'm ok with the Morse code drop on the scoreboard.  Maybe change that to: ••|•|•••

• Haha 1

I am a trained singer and vocal coach of over 25 yrs... while not present or "in person" except for DCI East  to hear her sing "live" -- there are subtle yet noticeable changes in pitch, pronunciation, cut off's/entrances that CAN be noted and seen/heard in many of the videos throughout the season.  To add to this, there are several ways to indicate phrasing as well as breath control.  Any GOOD singer or teacher of same will tell you, diaphragmatic breathing is a learned skill!  One does not see the chest moving, or any movement in the shoulders if done correctly!  One CAN see movement in the vocal chord area of the throat if you watch a good singer perform -- Boston's soloist included!   

Any one who questions  good breathing should watch Rene' Flemming sing in the high registers... although she being an operatic voice or tessitura, or colortura tones and vocalization are usually different based on language and pitch and how well a singer can vocalize using the mask of their facial structure.  That being said, it is very clear that she is singing 'live' in an outdoor setting via a wireless mic, which is amped through a soundboard/speakers which - for anyone who has done it (and I have) can look like there is a delay... and it can be a millisecond but you just 'go on singing'.   

She was spectacular... and I hope, my simplistic yet boring explanation may have helped some understand the trials and tribulations of singing outdoors, with a wireless mic while accompanying brass/perc, through amplification, in wind, extreme temps etc will always be a challenge.   She did a great job -- and, for some that may not have seen it, but Boston did post some photo's of her being coached by a visiting opera soprano!  She has a promising vocal career outside of corps should she wish to pursue it!

• Like 4