2017 Boston Crusaders

Just to add to what BRASSO just said....

For the record, I am not at all in the loop of BAC staffing decisions. Having said that, it would seem to me that the mere idea that Colin and Gino made their decisions based on the Cadets' ultimate 6th place finish is not believable. Clearly, the folks in Hyde Park have been working on this for some time, probably had some extended negotions, and finally came to agreement. r.

The rumors about this move began circulating in Allentown and hit a fever pitch in Indy at prelims.

Just to add to what BRASSO just said....

For the record, I am not at all in the loop of BAC staffing decisions. Having said that, it would seem to me that the mere idea that Colin and Gino made their decisions based on the Cadets' ultimate 6th place finish is not believable. Clearly, the folks in Hyde Park have been working on this for some time, probably had some extended negotions, and finally came to agreement. BAC must have made it worth their while. This doesn't feel to me as if it was last minute or rushed in any way. I also have reason to believe that Boston might well have more to announce in the very near future.

A couple folks here on DCP recently questioned why BAC has a 42 member Board and why does the corps spend so much time doing things like Tanglewood, Boston Pops, and Boston Financial District events.

It would seem that we now have our answer.

This was in the works for some time. It's clear that the BAC "building a champion" mantra is goal that this team is seriously moving foraward on. As a lifelong fan of BAC I am thrilled!

• Like 3

Clearly, the folks in Hyde Park have been working on this for some time, probably had some extended negotions, and finally came to agreement. BAC must have made it worth their while. This doesn't feel to me as if it was last minute or rushed in any way. I also have reason to believe that Boston might well have more to announce in the very near future.

Yes. If Gino and Colin were with the Cadets during the early July tour in the Boston area, there may have been some discussions.

It's going to happen...That was done on another social media site...Emotions are HIGH right now...I haven't interpreted any gloating in this thread per se...but maybe my inherent excitement is clouding me seeing that...

The note prior to my note referred to Cadets as the Evil Empire. I get the ref to NY Yankees but it's uncalled for here as I explained. There is also a photoshopped pic of Anna with a comment about stealing away Cadet staff. I'm not saying anyone in the BAC org did it, I have to believe they didn't but it looks bad and IMO in poor taste, given what may be going on with Cadets.

Regardless who put the meme together, how does everyone feel about one corps "poaching" staff from another? As I recall, when Star did it at its inception, it was looked down upon.

Edited by Relics

Regardless who put the meme together, how does everyone feel about one corps "poaching" staff from another? As I recall, when Star did it at its inception, it was looked down upon.

Marchers and staff move from Corps to Corps in the offseason frequently now. The so called Elite Corps in DCI have taken Marchers, staffers from lower placing Corps since even before Star of Indiana came into existence. So there is nothing new under the sun in that respect here, other than the fact that Boston Crusaders Mgt, and BOD have taken the neccessary steps the last few years to put themselves organizationally and financially into a position that they can now be attractive to potential staffers & MM's alike. Star of Indiana came right out of the gate from their very inception as a beginning Corps with considerable financial resources available to themselves right from the getgo to offer prospective staffers. Boston, on the other hand, had to put humpty dumpty back together again, and fight thru that... no small feat.... in order to arrive at its current state financially and organizationally.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5

Marchers and staff move from Corps to Corps in the offseason frequently now. The so called Elite Corps in DCI have taken Marchers, staffers from lower placing Corps since even before Star of Indiana came into existence. So there is nothing under the sun here, other than the fact that Boston Crusaders Mgt, and BOD have taken the steps the last few years to put themselves organizationally into a position that they can be attractive now to potential staffers like they are putting together now for staff.

Says that guy that wants to put into place transfer restrictions on player movement.

• Like 1

Says that guy that wants to put into place transfer restrictions on player movement.

I'm still for this, Eleran.. and have not waivered one bit from this position either. That said, if this is how the game is currently played in DCI ,as flawed as it may be in this respect, imo., then I'll simply say... " Play Ball ! "... until it changes. ( which I won't hold my breath that it ever will. )

Edited by BRASSO

Yes. If Gino and Colin were with the Cadets during the early July tour in the Boston area, there may have been some discussions.

I'm guessing, that early in the tour, issues, concerns, opportunities were not yet apparent, to the point where anyone was approached about coming to the Crusaders. Needs and opportunities may have started crystallizing after San Antonio. Feelers may have started going out by Allentown and if things got to the point as described in the Merri-Go-Round thread, more serious discussions were had and by Indy, plans were locked in. I am guessing this came together pretty quickly. But then again who knows if there may have been some very early feelers put out last winter. There was an approach made to Boston about a loan. That may have raised some questions and projections about the approaching groups future. This group at Boston does some long range planning and they are patient. More patient that we on DCP are apparently.