2017 Boston Crusaders

As for the early season shows, the facts are that the Cadets and Crown refused to perform at Boston's show. Call it what you want. It is what it is. We will do everything we can to add performances for our Boston/New England fans early season.

Poor taste as I've said on the part of both The cadets and Carolina Crown...honestly it makes them out to be a bunch of cry babies IMO and acting like juvenile delinquents if true...I'd expect that from HOP( he can be petty IMO) but not Crown...I'm sure both organizations will deny it publicly if they even give a rats about addressing it...most likely either won't say anything and just let things blow over...

Am I rushing to judgment? I've been waiting for quite a while now...I think I've seen a strong enough support from Boston members on Facebook and here to realize that there is more TRUTH than not unfortunately...

Edited by Liahona

As for the early season shows, the facts are that the Cadets and Crown refused to perform at Boston's show. Call it what you want. It is what it is. We will do everything we can to add performances for our Boston/New England fans early season.

Is it a touring/scheduling reason why Cadets snd Criwn aren't doing the show? Performance money is performance money. Hop never turns money down.
  • Like 1

As for the early season shows, the facts are that the Cadets and Crown refused to perform at Boston's show. Call it what you want. It is what it is.

Can you explain why those 2 corps made that choice?

Looking for something explicit instead of innuendo or speculation.

Thanks.

Is it a touring/scheduling reason why Cadets snd Criwn aren't doing the show? Performance money is performance money. Hop never turns money down.

It is for Crown. Jersey show is July 2nd (far later than in past years) which leaves no time for a 3rd show (in fact there usually wasn't a 3rd show) -- Crown (and Cadets for that matter) need to go from NE all the way down to Lexington SC for their next show. This is different than in years past -- Florida tour changes things. Crown used to head to the Midwest after the NE swing.

To me this just smacks of more G7 paranoia. Ask yourself -- what's the motivation for this rumor?

Edited by corpsband

Can you explain why those 2 corps made that choice?

Looking for something explicit instead of innuendo or speculation.

Thanks.

Having seen many posts on here from Liahona and Super Sader over a period of time, I can say that both have intimate and direct knowledge of the Crusader organization. More so than a couple of posters who are insisting that Crown or Cadets wouldn't behave as they are with regard to not performing in the Crusaders show, yet accusing these posters of being inaccurate at best, and lying at worst. This shows Crown and Cadets as incredibly petty. Simply put. So it is not innuendo or speculation. Maybe the questions should be put to Crown or Cadets as to why they are not performing in shows in an area that has been extremely supportive of them over the years. There wasn't a problem when Boston's kids went to either Crown or Cadets but when there is the possibility of a competitive threat things seem to change.

but when there is the possibility of a competitive threat things seem to change.

roflol. a little ahead yourself aren't you? you squeaked into finals and haven't performed a show yet. that hardly qualifies you as a competitive threat. or are you predicting a BAC gold medal this year? besides nobody boycotts a show because the host is a "competitive threat". otherwise no one would attend BD, Cadets, Crown, Coats shows. :doh:

perhaps our egos are running amok.

Edited by corpsband

Having seen many posts on here from Liahona and Super Sader over a period of time, I can say that both have intimate and direct knowledge of the Crusader organization. More so than a couple of posters who are insisting that Crown or Cadets wouldn't behave...

stopped there because this does not address my question in any way.

as well as those 2 individuals know the boston org, the only actual information i've seen is that crown and cadets aren't going to boston's show.

i was asking for explicit information as to motive.

If I asked these posters whether they stopped beating their wives, they'd lose either way.

For one, we'd all think they did beat their wives (even if they didn't) and for another, few would give them the benefit of the doubt if the said they did stop.

A lie doesn't become the truth no matter how many times it is repeated. However, a mis-statement can become the public's idea of truth even if it isn't factual. Advertising companies and the modern media often use this manipulation.

I don't see anyone on this thread accusing anyone of lying but I do see some posters reacting in offense because they haven't produced the proof other posters have requested because so far all we have is rumor.

Even to exaggerate that one has been called a liar by any poster on this thread is a manipulation of truth of which none of the 3 mentioned Eastern corps is worthy.

Usually in situations like this, the truth is somewhat in the middle. There was a concern that Crown and Cadets would boycott BAC shows, but from a source not connected to BAC, Crown, or Cadets, Crown was caught more "off guard" (no pun intended) by the staff defection. Staff shake-ups at Cadets surprised very few. Cadets are not appearing in BAC shows, BAC will not be competing in Cadets shows, this may support the boycott theory, but GH is usually pretty vocal about things and I have not seen a GH tweet or FB post about this subject. Crown is not appearing in BAC shows, but BAC is in both Crownbeat and Nightbeat. Why would you boycott a show where you are paid only to invite the corps you are boycotting to appear in your show and pay them for being there? There are also other factors to consider. Cranston and Lynn have identical WC lineups. Crown and Crossmen traditionally schedule free days when in Boston in July. This will be Genesis' first Boston appearance as a WC corps, they may want to explore the city, and the other corps will need to schedule free days. I would think if two or three of the corps from Bristol or Lynn did not appear, BAC would have a difficult time selling tickets after two great line ups on the previous evenings, certainly not enough for Alumni Stadium at BC, and unless things have changed in the past few weeks, the stadium in Lawrence will not be available since Lawrence does not wish to rent its facilities after a recent disastrous experience.

My guess is that Cadets and Crown decided not to compete in a BAC show, but Crossmen and at least one of the other corps probably decided no to appear as well, not as part of a boycott, but for other reasons, so a show would not be possible.

• Like 1