2017 Boston Crusaders

8 minutes ago, SkippyBiff said:

Got to see my son!!!!  Awesome, thank you so much. Quite emotional. 

You BAMs and BADs rule! Happy Final's week!!

• Like 3

Massillon Photos!

DGqrmOSVoAEu4S9.jpg

DGqrmOTUwAE6iXu.jpg

DGqrmNTUQAA7bDS.jpg

DGqrmNUUMAApIf-.jpg

• Like 4

Boston Crusaders Following Massilon Performance:  

Nice inspiring words from Herbert Washington!

http://www.flomarching.com/video/1242420-boston-crusaders-following-massillon-performance

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

Some more photos from Massilon!

DGqr3RJVYAEGzYv.jpg

DGqr3RKUAAAM_iF.jpg

• Like 2

Twitter Speak...

Replying to @bostoncrusaders

Just SO impressed with #WickedGames

-------------

Absolutely love this show, never gets old! The vocalist nails her pitches every time and the corps has true power @bostoncrusaders #DCI2017

-------------

DCI Hornlines

@bostoncrusaders That performance was incredible! That ending!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SkippyBiff said:

Got to see my son!!!!  Awesome, thank you so much. Quite emotional. 

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!  Wish my daughter stayed w/music... I've always hoped she'd march w/a corps, DCI or DCA, but alas, I have to live vicariously through these kids at BAC!  GO Boston... Burn baby Burn !!!!!

• Like 3

I had inquired in a new thread as to who wrote the horn book to BAC this year nd Newseditor44 kindly replied (and I tried to delete the thread/topic) and hope it's not overkill I re-posted my comments here.  

He replied:  "  Ryan George - and he did a fine job.   "

Thank you -- idiot me!  It's actually on their 'official' website.  It's early... I think in 2018 I will get my musical/volunteer shoes back on and volunteer w/a corps again -- (haven't been able to since 2008 - due to some multiple back/neck surgeries) and Boston has ALWAYS been a fave because I have always been a fan of Ryan's composing skills. As a brass player, teacher - I love his style along w/JD Shaw.  They are my two ultimate faves!

As far as instructional staff for brass, IMHO there are none better than Matt Harloff and Gino Cipriani!  If I could volunteer in 2018 (doing anything w/Boston) I'd love to just hear/see and watch Gino and his staff work their magic with that prospective hornline and the book Ryan George may whip up next year!    I have been out of the corps circuit far too long -- and, I had for many yrs (93 through 2008 off/on) volunteered w/Phantom Regiment who fill my classical desire... but their direction and musical staff keeps changing and I found myself following SCV more as well as Cadets (2015, 2016) more because of that awesome brass sound, tone and quality --- now Boston gets to reap those rewards!

THANK YOU for the response... 

• Like 1

Saw Boston live from front and center last night.  All I can say is WOW.  

The show design is extremely enjoyable ( 2nd favorite of the night), and their musical performance is off the charts compared to last year.  It was almost unfair to the Crossmen to perform after them.

I thought it was better than the Cavies but I didn't get a good visual read from the 3rd row...and the Cavies are all about their visual performance. Haha and I almost never completely agree with the judges but I am over that.

Anyway... fantastic job to Boston last night!!!

Edited by ThePlanets