2017 Boston Crusaders

5 minutes ago, PRPhan4ever said:

I am a trained singer and vocal coach of over 25 yrs... while not present or "in person" except for DCI East  to hear her sing "live" -- there are subtle yet noticeable changes in pitch, pronunciation, cut off's/entrances that CAN be noted and seen/heard in many of the videos throughout the season.  To add to this, there are several ways to indicate phrasing as well as breath control.  Any GOOD singer or teacher of same will tell you, diaphragmatic breathing is a learned skill!  One does not see the chest moving, or any movement in the shoulders if done correctly!  One CAN see movement in the vocal chord area of the throat if you watch a good singer perform -- Boston's soloist included!   

Any one who questions  good breathing should watch Rene' Flemming sing in the high registers... although she being an operatic voice or tessitura, or colortura tones and vocalization are usually different based on language and pitch and how well a singer can vocalize using the mask of their facial structure.  That being said, it is very clear that she is singing 'live' in an outdoor setting via a wireless mic, which is amped through a soundboard/speakers which - for anyone who has done it (and I have) can look like there is a delay... and it can be a millisecond but you just 'go on singing'.   

She was spectacular... and I hope, my simplistic yet boring explanation may have helped some understand the trials and tribulations of singing outdoors, with a wireless mic while accompanying brass/perc, through amplification, in wind, extreme temps etc will always be a challenge.   She did a great job -- and, for some that may not have seen it, but Boston did post some photo's of her being coached by a visiting opera soprano!  She has a promising vocal career outside of corps should she wish to pursue it!

Thanks for your expert input

On 8/18/2017 at 10:33 PM, xandandl said:

now that the drum corps season is over and the numbers are in, they are transferring the squabbling to renaming Yawkey outside Fenway.

No. Nobody here is " squabbling", about such things on the Boston Crusaders thread.  Such things have nothing at all to do with the 2017-  2018 Boston Crusaders.  So just stop.. its now crossing into trolling territory now, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

• 9 months later...

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I just got the 2017 Finals Audio... and I am trying to figure out what the audio is, right after the guy says "GET HER!" what does the woman yell? To me it sounds like she is saying RALPHIE!! But I cant see how that would fit into the context of the show. Does anyone know what she says? Loved the show, thanks!

25 minutes ago, CincinnatiGloryMello said:

To me it sounds like she is saying RALPHIE!!

Hahaha, I hear the same thing followed by a momentary flashback to watching “A Christmas Story” (1983). Humor aside though, I thoroughly enjoyed their show last year. It’s one of the tracks I listen to most often!

33 minutes ago, CincinnatiGloryMello said:

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I just got the 2017 Finals Audio... and I am trying to figure out what the audio is, right after the guy says "GET HER!" what does the woman yell? To me it sounds like she is saying RALPHIE!! But I cant see how that would fit into the context of the show. Does anyone know what she says? Loved the show, thanks!

She says "Help me!"

Edited by Ediker
clarity

4 minutes ago, Ediker said:

She says "Help me!"

Honestly I had no idea what was being said...thanks!...I heard what the other poster heard but said to myself..nope can't be that...

• Like 1

I'm never not going to hear "RALPHIE!" now.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, CincinnatiGloryMello said:

Would you or anyone be willing to share the audio? Or is it accessible to anyone, I just haven’t heard about it? 

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

She says "Help me!"

Thank you!!

I'll probably still hear Ralphie anyways, but its good to know what its supposed to be. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

Would you or anyone be willing to share the audio? Or is it accessible to anyone, I just haven’t heard about it? 

It's from Allentown, but...

HELP ME / RALPHIE

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1