2017 Boston Crusaders

From a musical perspective...I may be in the minority but I really loved 2010 show writing...it almost seems like that was a forgotten year for BAC...and since your talking about musical arrangements by /Ryan George I thought I throw that one in to your suggestions as good writing IMO...

I have kinda forgotten about that show. I remember loving the Planet Damnation Timpani Concerto (think it was) that they used as source music. Need to go watch it again.

When did he come to Boston?

The Boston Crusaders have had lots of staff comings and goings over the last 6 years, requiring lots of staff attempting to meld together each and every season, so this off season for Boston will be no different in the respect that coordination among new staff will be neccessary at Boston to maximize results. A few other top tier Corps will now be similarly required to undergo coordination of many new key staff changes at maximum teamwork levels in order to maximize on field results now too. This should make for a very interesting 2017 season...... and beyond !

Ouch. That's not a positive spin at all Brasso: 7,8,10,12,12. Let's hope that a different direction takes hold at BAC with all those new staff members.

When did he come to Boston?

Ryan George came to the Boston Crusaders at the end of the 2009 season... replacing Jay Kennedy who had been in the position for several years ( now a DCI judge )

Edited by BRASSO

Let's hope that a different direction takes hold at BAC with all those new staff members.

Yes, we all here can really feel your " hope " for this, corpsband ( lol!). Boston has never had quite this level of proven Championship quality winning instructional staff talent that it has assembled for its prospective students now. Not recently, anyway... while Crown has never undergone this level of loss of key instructional talent that it will need to replace for its students... and quickly. But yes, we all hope here as well that this unprecedented instructional transition stage for Carolina Crown will be as seemless and as future productive for CC as you expect it to be, Corpsband.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

He's proven himself as an INCREDIBLY capable arranger, some bumps in the road the last few years but that doesn't mean he isn't still an awesome composer. I wasn't aware until recently that he actually was involved with three of my favorite high school shows:

Very good HS band and program. As for the 2011 opener, I'm partial to the Cavies version.

• Like 1

'Hearing that Boston is getting a nice uptick in applications to try out over this time last year.... cool !

Edited by BRASSO

'Hearing that Boston is getting a nice uptick in applications to try out over this time last year.... cool !

As they should. Members from schools that have good relationships with their staff follow them. Wouldn't be surprised to see kids from Avon and Carmel guard auditioning for Boston. Umass drum guys the same, and school that have close relationships with Gino would follow him as well.

I know I'm pushing my kids to drive up to Tampa in November.

• Like 1