Full Recaps Next Year?

Now that this season is over and having seen full recaps for each show now, do you think that having abbreviated recaps and hiding subcaptions throughout the season worked better towards having different results? Do you think the results would have changed if we had full recaps from the beginning? And most importantly, should DCI go back to full recaps next year or stick with the abbreviated ones?

Edited by astronomical

They couldn't even keep the recaps from getting on DCP - I think this should be chalked up to a failed experiment.

Mike

And those have stopped them when?

I'm ok with Indy like wgi does at Dayton. And staffs from many corps shared freely with fans and each other

• Like 1

To the posters who have posted that the caption winners should be based on prelims, semis, and finals for purpose the limiting a "bad judge", here's a question to ponder:

In the NFL, officials that work the playoffs and Super Bowl, are chosen based on merit grading throughout the regular season (at least I think that's what they do).

Does DCI do the same? How do they pick the panels for the championships. Were there rookie judges on the Indy panel? You would think that DCI would want it's most seasoned, time-tested judges on the panel in Indy, right?

Edited by drumcorpsfever

I'm ok with Indy like wgi does at Dayton.

BOA too (except they also don't release Prelims/Semis scores until after Finals).

To the posters who have posted that the caption winners should be based on prelims, semis, and finals for purpose the limiting a "bad judge", here's a question to ponder:

In the NFL, officials that work the playoffs and Super Bowl, are chosen based on merit grading throughout the regular season (at least I think that's what they do).

Does DCI do the same? How do they pick the panels for the championships. Were there rookie judges on the Indy panel? You would think that DCI would want it's most seasoned, time-tested judges on the panel in Indy, right?

Corps do rate judges, and absolutely tell DCI who they think should or should not be on the championship panels.

AFAIK, the panels are assigned by John Phillips, chief judge. They definitely aren't rookies, but it was nice to see some new names used this year.

I support banning the recaps in Indy. I poo-pooed the idea that a judge would really be willing to try and call a caption. I'm not so sure now. So keep them guessing at finals.

Indy seems fine to keep them secret, and it builds a little suspense for the caption awards (when you know how things were thurs\fri, mathematically oftentimes its already pretty much set in stone). Release them for the rest of the season though.

Corps do rate judges, and absolutely tell DCI who they think should or should not be on the championship panels.

AFAIK, the panels are assigned by John Phillips, chief judge. They definitely aren't rookies, but it was nice to see some new names used this year.

Agreed, although I missed seeing Allan C. on the field judging drums this year.

Edited by packetslave