Cadets 2017

. Are they donating to have a say? Donating to be an arm chair designer? Or donating to a corps they love. I guess thats a personal choice which all have a right to

in this case, yes

• Like 1

yeah but they are not quite what the G7 envisioned. heck BD dropped out of the Chester show. things are not peachy in G7-land. all the cooperation they talked about ? vaporware.

it started going down hill the second the proposal was presented. something about one person making changes without informing the rest...

Edited by Jeff Ream

@ZachDrumCorps Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

I agree that my idea may be perceived as a copy of Crown, but with the Cadets, criticism is an everyday thing earned or unearned. They could do a show about College Girls Gone Wild, and there would be people who would still moan. LOL!

well if truly going for GE, the college girls could

• Like 1

THIS...is a fantastic idea that I have never really thought of before... I do believe I've seen statements from Hop or otherwise on the retreat "issue" over the past few seasons, that haven't really eased any tension

I don't know whether this will contribute to your understanding or not. George explains it to The Cadets in this manner:

1. If you win you stand there, out of respect for the corps who didn't win and are dealing with their own disappointment.

2. If you don't win you stand there, out of respect for the corps who did win.

3. The Cadets leave the field immediately when the "clear the field" instruction is given. This is to allow the winning corps "their moment as champions." As the announcer always states, XXXXXX the field is yours.

This is a long-standing Cadet tradition, and honestly, I think that anyone who criticizes it must be totally insensitive to manners and a degree of respect seldom viewed anymore. This is not to suggest that corps who choose to conduct themselves differently are not showing respect in a different manner. We all do things in our own way.

• Like 4

@ZachDrumCorps Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

I agree that my idea may be perceived as a copy of Crown, but with the Cadets, criticism is an everyday thing earned or unearned. They could do a show about College Girls Gone Wild, and there would be people who would still moan. LOL!

I reckon that's because it would mostly be a wildly demeaning show about attention-starved college girls during spring break stripping over tone deaf ###### music created by Waka Flocka Flame.

As far as retreat goes, I can understand why the Cadets still follow the old traditions. But retreats have changed drastically over the past few decades, and every corps but the Cadets have adapted to new traditions over all of that time. If the Cadets still want to hold a militarily rigid demeanor during retreat in 2016 and beyond, then the staff, members, and supporters had better be prepared for criticism that follows.

You are currently speaking for me, and you're getting way too worked up about this.

You misread what I said, I mentioned staff leaving Cadets in reference to your frustration over that situation and how people seem to be enjoying it. What I said was that you're misplacing that frustration on me.

I should probably stop now so you don't misread anything else.

Well you did kind of speak for him too when you assumed his frustration at the moment was due to a particular situation, when it might have been due to something else entirely, like stepping on a roller skate and falling down the stairs. This is Tekk we are talking about.

• Like 1

I don't know whether this will contribute to your understanding or not. George explains it to The Cadets in this manner:

1. If you win you stand there, out of respect for the corps who didn't win and are dealing with their own disappointment.

3. The Cadets leave the field immediately when the "clear the field" instruction is given. This is to allow the winning corps "their moment as champions." As the announcer always states, XXXXXX the field is yours.

This is a long-standing Cadet tradition, and honestly, I think that anyone who criticizes it must be totally insensitive to manners and a degree of respect seldom viewed anymore. This is not to suggest that corps who choose to conduct themselves differently are not showing respect in a different manner. We all do things in our own way.

As explained above, that all makes sense.

What about the part between completion of score announcements and "clear the field"? Are Cadets allowed to mingle with other corps and offer personal congratulations? If not, should they consider it in these changing times, where members move between corps more frequently and sportsmanship has grown?

They could do a show about College Girls Gone Wild, and there would be people who would still moan. LOL!

Perhaps not the best choice of words...

• Like 1

I'm not the one who needs an explanation, I personally love the tradition and 100% agree with it. However, the countless bandos and even just observers I know that cry disrespect, need to be educated

• Like 2