Cadets 2017

Because it's the boring offseason and Hopkins is giving us the content to fuel more conversation, and that's bound to include criticism along with positive information such as the Cadets hiring a separate program coordinator.

The purpose of the discussion board is to discuss, that's exactly what's happening, so I'm not sure what the complaint is. I'm curious whether your reaction would be the same if people came on a separate discussion forum meant to discuss politics and started making complaints about one of the presidential candidates. Yes, we should probably know the candidates have certain views and certain temperaments, but people will still complain regardless, yes?

Thank you for the education on what a discussion board is as if I don't know this. Since you know the purpose of it, you need to expect that people will have a different opinion so you shouldn't act so surprised when someone counters your opinion with theirs.

Really getting sick of your condescending little attitude too.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

Thank you for the education on what a discussion board is as if I don't know this. Since you know the purpose of it, you need to expect that people will have a different opinion so you shouldn't act so surprised when someone counters your opinion with theirs.

Really getting sick of your condescending little attitude too.

That's totally fine, feel free to continue, I'm not stopping you (seriously, I mean it). Was just trying to explain the logic behind why people might be continually complaining about a public figure since you were asking why people would do that, sorry if it came off as condescension. It's my typing style.

• Like 1

I will post my notion about "Staff Merry-Go-Round" pertaining to the Cadets here, while I wish that a DCP Expert might begin a thread of confirmed 2017 staffs, just like the thread about show announcements.

This past season was a fine one, and I think that 2017 just might be some sort of landmark year. Forty-five years in, I want as many corps to be wonderful as there are corps. Sometimes change hurts, sometimes it helps, but change is inevitable; whether in the creative realm, staff, or even organizational management.

To all of that:

Sal Salas is one of the legendary visual innovators in both WGI and DCI; here is why I think -- why I hope -- he can bring much to The Cadets in 2017. Most recently, when he began working with Santa Clara, he took a popular musical score that was also familiar to drum corps audiences and judges -- "Les Miserables;" matched a performance approach that the Vanguard brought to drum corps -- storytelling -- and then provided the corps with a grand visual scheme for the production ... to much acclaim! Of course it took a matching grand musical scheme to bring the success, which is where caption heads, designers, and instructors filled in the blanks.

I posted earlier that I would love for The Cadets to break their own glass ceiling in 2017 -- Sondheim, "Company," I advocated; I could see another scenario that might work: Ask Mr. Salas to re-vision 1992's "To Tame The Perilous Skies," as one example, or even 2000's "We Are The Future," a production that has served as a precursor to much that is on the field today.

Re-vision, reconnection, and a return for the once and future champion Cadets!

: Ask Mr. Salas to re-vision 1992's "To Tame The Perilous Skies," as one example, or even 2000's "We Are The Future," a production that has served as a precursor to much that is on the field today.

Not only did Cadets do " To Tame The Perilous Skies "... Cadets2 also did TTTPS as well in 2014,... just 2 years ago ( and the Minnesota Brass this season ). Corps that do a redo of a classic show from before, do not always meet with success, as it will always be compared with the original classic by that Corps from an earlier time. ( ask Madison Scouts Alums/ fans about this ) Also, doing " We Are The Future " again ( Cadets DCI winning 2000 themed show ) really wouldn't be doing a " we are the future " themed show, now would it ?. Not really. it would actually be somewhat of an oxymoron, imo. Redos are inherently fraught with big risk, low reward tradeoffs,imo. I personally do not think the Cadets need such redos like this at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

That's totally fine, feel free to continue, I'm not stopping you (seriously, I mean it). Was just trying to explain the logic behind why people might be continually complaining about a public figure since you were asking why people would do that, sorry if it came off as condescension. It's my typing style.

Not exactly a public figure

He isn't a politician or a Singer or an actor or some other type or celebrity, elected official etc

JMO

Not exactly a public figure

He isn't a politician or a Singer or an actor or some other type or celebrity, elected official etc

JMO

He is the CEO of an organization. He is very much a public figure. He could easily make his Facebook private and post everything through the YEA or Cadets Facebook page like everyone else, but chooses not to. And that's completely fine imo, but he just makes himself a lot more accessible/exposed.

• Like 1