Cadets 2017

Boston thread announcing more Cadet alums north (or is that south to Tampa?)

The ones I know personally are phenomenal people leaving large shoes to fill for replacements.

"As far as the brass staff the only 100% confirmations I can say...based on Facebook public posts who were both previous Cadets staffers...are Travis Larson and Ryan Williams where Ryan Williams has acknowledged he will be the tuba instructor for Boston...

100% confirmation for Alex Beltran (from cadets staff) for battery

100% confirmation for Andrew Ricketts (from cadets staff) for battery"

I'm not going to get specific - but some of these folks can GO. A lot of ego departing IMO. It isn't a bad thing :)

Change makes people nervous. I certainly hope everyone is happy in their new roles and locations.

• Like 3

I'm not going to get specific - but some of these folks can GO. A lot of ego departing IMO. It isn't a bad thing :)

Change makes people nervous. I certainly hope everyone is happy in their new roles and locations.

I'm sure Tom is bringing his own people in for percussion and brass staff we'll see.
  • Like 1

Talk about black kettles....

Ironically...the first known use of this idiom was in the novel Don Quixote...translated from Spanish... "You are like what is said that the frying-pan said to the kettle, 'Avant, black-browes'."

• Like 1

Shoutout to our very own DCP poster Teri who made it in the first episode of Clash of the Corps!

I know. Literally the STAR of the first episode!! :)

Celebration! 1997

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj8x8vDA0h4

Very interesting cut of rehearsal and finals

Freaking LOVE this show. THIS sealed the deal as to why I wanted to march Cadets. Still amazed at how the guard was able to spin those giant genetically engineered flags, especially at the end of the opener.

• Like 4

Legit question--do people think Cadets still attract top talent/experience? A decade of inconsistent and sometimes embarassing show designs and declining competitive success must be taking a toll. Sure, they won in 2011--but that was 5 years ago. When I marched in 2004 the 2000 shows seemed like forever ago (because I was 18)

Legit question--do people think Cadets still attract top talent/experience? A decade of inconsistent and sometimes embarassing show designs and declining competitive success must be taking a toll. Sure, they won in 2011--but that was 5 years ago. When I marched in 2004 the 2000 shows seemed like forever ago (because I was 18)

Ghee..how many corps would love to suck that bad.

• Like 3