Cadets 2017

We'll see. Crown has big changes to their staff which will probably create the growing pains Cadets went through last year. On paper, we should see a stronger Cadets than last year. Second year of new guard program with some excellent additions, Tom heading up percussion, brass will be fine. They've never really fallen after a staff change and show design.....I'm sure they'll be very vigilant in their construction this year.

HIGHLY doubtful. Same brass staff (unless something changed that I don't know about), and they have one of the best drill writers in the activity in Jeff Sacktig.

• Like 5

It's called realism and keeping things in perspective. Too many people thought the new staff would bring better chances for Cadets last year and look at how that went. Now I know better. If things turn out better than last year, then I can be pleasantly surprised. But after last year, I have learned to expect nothing better.

I don't disagree with you a lot; key will be if the horn line vets return or sail off to other corps (Crown, BD, Boston for instance) and what numbers and quality will turn out for horn auditions.

HIGHLY doubtful. Same brass staff (unless something changed that I don't know about), and they have one of the best drill writers in the activity in Jeff Sacktig.

I personally don't think the drill guy will mesh well with the brass approach; much like the percussion hasn't

I also believe the loss of the guard team (which was their best caption the past several years) is a massive loss / change - depends on how the new group does; so some risk there IMO

So... back to Cadets 2017

If the copyright to the potential music I'm hearing about for their program next year is worked out (and it sounds likely) folks will be VERY excited

Very.

Cadets 2017 could be the most awaited program of next summer

Should get an annoucement in a week!

(how's that for some HYPE?)

If the copyright to the potential music I'm hearing about for their program next year is worked out (and it sounds likely) folks will be VERY excited

Very.

I respect your enthusiasm, but not holding my breath.

Very.

Lord of the Rings?

Hype didn't get me far last year.

D:

NOT saying I don't believe you but I'll be anxiously waiting to see what is what in June.

:)

Don't disagree. They have been much more low key so far this off season, and I think that is smart

The membership at camp should learn some tidbits about the 2017 program - and I do think it will be greeted very enthusiastically. It is what it is...

Once something is announced / leaks out - I'll be interested in hearing what folks here think

G.

Two points, perhaps connected beyond involving lawyers..

a) IMO American folks, tired from the multi-year election campaign, seem tired of media, hype, and histrionic platitudes.

(My opinion based on various sources both professional and personal.)

DCPers may feel that same fatigue and reticence even more based on the press releases of their favorite corps in the campaigns just ended.

b) Cadets need to hype an interest for auditionees to choose Cadets for 2017 but corps can't announce facts until legal requirements are solidified. How will 2017 bridge the tremendous history of Cadets' previous 82 years with the modern drum corps challenge?

Auditionees, alumni, and fans want to know.

Conclusion: Conundrum.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1