Cadets 2017

Just returned from the first Cadets only camp of the year. Percussion line (with the exception of the 5th quad spot) is set and quite good for the 1st camp. Brass to be set by the end of the next camp. Largest brass line this early for several years and sounding good. There is definitely a renewed energy and buzz in Cadet land right now! So awesome to hear Tom Aungst working the ensemble once again. Got to see the brass and percussion work through 2 movements of the 2017 show. All is well with the Cadets and they have definitely put last year behind them in a big way. First time I have been really excited about the Cadets for several years.

that's great to hear!! positive vibe means a lot and I've also been hearing good things about the guard retention and recruitment so far

...and that's true for every hornline in Decemeber, lol.

Heck... the junior corps where I marched, way back in the day, that was true in August!!! :tongue:

• Like 2

Just returned from the first Cadets only camp of the year. Percussion line (with the exception of the 5th quad spot) is set and quite good for the 1st camp. Brass to be set by the end of the next camp. Largest brass line this early for several years and sounding good. There is definitely a renewed energy and buzz in Cadet land right now! So awesome to hear Tom Aungst working the ensemble once again. Got to see the brass and percussion work through 2 movements of the 2017 show. All is well with the Cadets and they have definitely put last year behind them in a big way. First time I have been really excited about the Cadets for several years.

One of my former students, who marched Raiders last year, was awarded a contract with Cadets...he'll be in the bari line. Very proud of this fine young man!

• Like 1

Hop has blessed us with the first Cadets video of the year. Hornline playing O Tannenbaum. I have to say its a gorgeous arrangement. Early signs show that mellophones might be behind the rest of the hornline.

....which is also the Holy Name song that has been sung by the corps for decades.

Well then. That's good.

Well then. That's good.

and what makes it even greater that camp went off w/o the weather hassles experienced by Cavaliers (who had to abort camp midway) and Regiment.

1,200 flights cancelled out of Chicago alone according to the news. Those terminals are filled with drum corps campers getting an early real-life lesson of adjusting on tour. Safe travels all.

Edited by xandandl

and what makes it even greater that camp went off w/o the weather hassles experienced by Cavaliers (who had to abort camp midway) and Regiment.

1,400 flights cancelled out of O'Hare alone according to the news. Those terminals are filled with drum corps campers getting an early real-life lesson of adjusting on tour. Safe travels all.

Safe travels to all. The perils of winter camps. Good stuff coming out of Cadetland. Percussion stellar and great brass turnout with tubas pouring in. Biggest excitement by all is having Tom Aungst running ensemble and taking the helm in Allentown. Everyone is very excited! 👍

it wouldn't load for me :/

Error 404, which in computer speak means they more than likely removed the content.