Cadets 2017

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

Oh boy, here we go again.  

Clearly you're interested, or you wouldn't be here.

As much as I want them to keep news to a minimum, I gotta admit I am still curious.

Edited by 2000Cadet

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Clearly you're interested, or you wouldn't be here.

As much as I want them to keep news to a minimum, I gotta admit I am still curious.

I'm interested what many of the corps will play this year, but I can wait until a corps show is posted in the first topic above.  None show discussions interest me also.  My "oh boy" comment to brassdude6171 was in regards to those of us who are not going to swallow the hype this year.  I was thinking of your hype off this year post awhile back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'm interested what many of the corps will play this year, but I can wait until a corps show is posted in the first topic above.  None show discussions interest me also.  My "oh boy" comment to brassdude6171 was in regards to those of us who are not going to swallow the hype this year.  I was thinking of your hype off this year post awhile back.

True, well I expected some will not hold back their hype. But I am not gonna expect my indifference to rub off on others (although I wish it would).

25 minutes ago, Ghost said:

When I said hype, I was referring to my excitement to have drum corps back after such a long offseason. Not to expect a big competitive return for corps x. Or to expect certain placement from corps y. I'm really just excited to hear and see new stuff. Though on that note I can't lie, I'm curious to see how Boston does... 

• Like 2

Not gonna' lie... that vocal ensemble sounds pretty good.  I'll be interested to see how they mix/mic/blend this on the field.  The acoustics of raw vocals in a choral room differ quite a bit from mic'd ones outdoors.  But... I'm encouraged.  Not enough to get super hyped and annoy Ghost, but encouraged nonetheless.

Also... that piece was definitely religious.  Curious if this is something that will be considered for the show, or if its simply a piece for these kids to sing/audition with.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2017 at 0:30 PM, xandandl said:

What nice beautiful music. Sad that with such talent, some will be let go. What a nice problem to have for the corps,

Anyone have the name of the piece or of the conductor?

Superheroes don' get sick 'cause there is no such thing as too much chocolate.

"You Are Mine" by Christopher Aspaas. The conductor at the Cadets audition was Dee Walker.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

Not gonna' lie... that vocal ensemble sounds pretty good.  I'll be interested to see how they mix/mic/blend this on the field.  The acoustics of raw vocals in a choral room differ quite a bit from mic'd ones outdoors.  But... I'm encouraged.  Not enough to get super hyped and annoy Ghost, but encouraged nonetheless.

Also... that piece was definitely religious.  Curious if this is something that will be considered for the show, or if its simply a piece for these kids to sing/audition with.

I was thinking the same thing. I am thinking it is probably the latter.

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

I was thinking the same thing. I am thinking it is probably the latter.

and yet, in the vein of another religious piece, namely David Holsinger's "On a Hymnsong by Philip Bliss" which the Cadets have used for show music ballad as well as encore piece and lot warm-up, etc., I can imaginatively "hear" this piece whether the words are sung or only the tones used.