Cadets 2017

19 minutes ago, Lance said:

There's a big difference between what I said and the Cadets "totally giving up" their identity.

It's a matter of degree. I agree with most of what you said, just not the rather absolute nature of the way you phrased it. 

There was a point in time where virtually everything we consider "signature Cadets" constituted significant change for the activity. That's when they're at their best. I choose to celebrate it. It's fine that you and people who agree with you don't. 

Just like with most things "WHO" decides what is " Cadets" because I can remember way back to the 70s former Cadets saying " It wasn't Cadets anymore ( show wise ) Some have mentioned what they thought Cadets were known for BUT I ask , Is it what someone is known for or those of a certain time comfortable with.

I think corps will decide who and what they are today and moving forward , if they choose to reference back to their history,( as they should ) that's great but they decide and there are many , imo more important ways to do this like teaching their history ( which they do ) a respect of others ( which they do ) discipline ( which they have) I can go on and on. The rest of it , or colors, is not who a corps is imo just what they pick for a show or wear.

Edited by GUARDLING
spelling
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, jonwoody said:

Not to be disrespectful but... George needs to concentrate on raising money and leave the show design to the people he hires. Don't want another 2016 anytime soon. As they say, the parade has passed him by and he needs to realize that.

I would tend to agree.

Incidentally, who IS writing the Visuals this season for the Cadets ?

25 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I would tend to agree.

Incidentally, who IS writing the Visuals this season for the Cadets ?

Probably the best in the buisness, prefferably Sacktigainestevebrubakergali.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Probably the best in the buisness, prefferably Sacktigainestevebrubakergali.

The name sounds familiar. I think he's a Russian .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Now, I got it.

Edited by BRASSO

17 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm just going to say it:

I'm really looking forward to what The Cadets have to offer for 2017. Most corps at this level bounce back the next year.  

Maybe we should just get used to saying "Top 6" again rather than just "top 3" or "top 5".  Any corps who scores above the 92-93 range at finals is very special.

Those that score above 90 are really, really, good. Those corps above 80 are good as well.  I'm sure that The Cadets will offer something that will make them very special.

Maybe it's a good time to get a little bit of information about the shows?

It's up to Cadets. If they design a great show, they'll do well. Percussion will be outstanding, guard should improve nicely since they got back some previous designers that are very strong and Cadets alumni, and brass should be fine. It's all design. 

• Like 1

I like opening my presents in late June.  I have zero problem with the lack of winter cell phone videos ... but that's just me. 

• Like 3

I don't want to hear any music or see what the uniforms look like until the theater broadcast. HOWEVER, I'd totally be intrigued if a few subtle hints were dropped over the next few months

• Like 1