Cadets 2017

19 hours ago, George Dixon said:

and no uniform (err "costume") unveiling until June - but the costume is cream and maroon and will change during the course of the program

So it's like the 2014 uniform?

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

So it's like the 2014 uniform?

I would imagine it's a layering effect. Tough for brass line to change uniforms errr costumes throughout the program.

4 hours ago, Tobias said:

I would imagine it's a layering effect. Tough for brass line to change uniforms errr costumes throughout the program.

yes, they had to pry the horn out of Tobias' hands, ha, ha.

Should be most interesting to hear Dr. Drew Shanefield's insights tonite about the 2017 season, any hints about the use of the choir with the musicians, how an alumnus like himself and Tom Aungst see the future looking challenge of the corps while standing upon the 83 years of tradition. After sidetrips which took him to The Cavaliers and Bluecoats, it's good to have Drew home. Hopefully it is brashert, to use the Yiddish of which he is so fond.

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a musical instrument, sitting and indoor

Edited by xandandl

24 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I don't mind them doing a costume. I mind that costume being just a thin layer of patterned spandex...

That's what we will get I think 

i imagine (knowing the music for the ballad) they will be all in cream during that part. Just a hunch 

Great talk with the staff tonight. No specific show details but lots of information. Drew says they are going with a larger tuba and baritone section. Will be marching euphoniums as well

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I don't mind them doing a costume. I mind that costume being just a thin layer of patterned spandex...

I heard they're see through. Really going for effect this year..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Great talk with the staff tonight. No specific show details but lots of information. Drew says they are going with a larger tuba and baritone section. Will be marching euphoniums as well

Going for that deeper bass sound after years of trumpet and Mello dominated brass lines.

• Like 2