Cadets 2017

2 minutes ago, corpsband said:

HYPE!

PREACH!  :innocent::angel1:

14 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Yea, we always have to think about the Blue Devils, and with what they're playing, it should be an interesting show for the Killer Bees...  The opener should be awesome.

I'm still most hyped for SCV though.  I'm thinking that there will be a scoring bunch at the top because everyone will be balanced this year.  The lower 7 or so corps are also having great off seasons too, so I guess it's up to how the judges are instructed to score.

SCV could be a Corps with a placement upswing provided Michael Gaines still has the capacity to write stellar Visuals.... and until proven otherwise, he gets the benefit of the doubt on this that he still can, imo

Edited by BRASSO

53 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

SCV could be a Corps with a placement upswing provided Michael Gaines still has the capacity to write stellar Visuals.... and he gets the benefit of the doubt on this that he still can, imo

Gaines writes stellar shows in WGI. He is an incredible coordinator.  I'll shut up now. lol

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Gaines writes stellar shows in WGI. He is an incredible coordinator.  I'll shut up now. lol

Yeah, some WGI show designers have fared well in the indoor, smaller floors competitions, while other WGI designers who have had great success there in WGI, have not found the same success in DCI, where the show designs include coordinating different elements, larger sections in Corps, and for an out of doors, full football field, visual coverage. Gaines has successfully coordinated both indoor ( WGI) and outdoor ( DCI )shows however, so its easier for us to envision him doing wonders for SCV in his new role there at SCV.

Edited by BRASSO

4 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Can I just say,  as a Crown honk,  I really hate my last post. :sad: 

Well, you've got a pretty darned stellar visual staff at Crown too, so there's that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, corpsband said:

True.  

Sacktig UNLEASHED!

Sacktig UNBOUND!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Incidentally, was Dr. Shanefield the trumpet soloist in Short Ride in a Fast Machine in '91?

While I don't remember a sop solo in the Adams piece then, I do know Drew played a short sop solo in the Preludes, Fugues, and Riffs feature that same summer while Jason DeGroff played the sop solo in The Letter from Home piece in the same show.

• Like 1