Cadets 2017

28 minutes ago, corpsband said:

great story -- talked to someone while they were walking around looking at things at the last cadets camp and they were freaking out. "OMG the guard looks so young. like they are all middle schoolers".  turns out they were peeking in at the C2 guard.   cracked me up.  

Staff pretty happy with guard turnout. Numbers and talent strong. That's a blessing after last season and could have been a problem. Hoping they're given a great product now.

58 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I dunno, I've heard a lot of information through the drum corps grapevine that has been proved true.  Some of the information is incomplete, but it's actually ALL been true so far.

just checked in to the "crown brass to boston" story -- one kid did go there.  he was an alternate for 2 years at crown / never saw the field.    also had someone text me " one perc followed colin from cadets to boston".   so...yeah.  you hear crazy stuff from all sorts on here.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Staff pretty happy with guard turnout. Numbers and talent strong. That's a blessing after last season and could have been a problem. Hoping they're given a great product now.

guard should get a good book.  eric b. back ,  mike zablocki super talented.  

• Like 1

You might enjoy this.

Jeff Sacktig (Cadets, now Crown), Drew Shanefield (Cadets, Bloo, Cavaliers, now Cadets again), Jason DeGroff (Cadets, Crossmen, Boston, Cadets, Boston, UNH)

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, corpsband said:

just checked in to the "crown brass to boston" story -- one kid did go there.  he was an alternate for 2 years at crown / never saw the field.    also had someone text me " one perc followed colin from cadets to boston".   so...yeah.  you hear crazy stuff from all sorts on here.  

Oh yea, from HERE for sure.

So to summarize... everybody here is happy with their Corps staffs, their marcher talent levels brought in, retention levels, their Corps morale,  and with this, their Corps likely improved opportunities now to improve their show designs, their potential for improved scores, their Corps chances for better audience appeal of their shows, and their Corps brand with the public, and so forth. So as near as I can tell then its all good tonite .... and thats most certainly an encouraging relief for myself and no doubt all of us to hear. Great !  I'm looking forward to some great shows and some great competition this summer among all these DCI Corps... Open Class Division included as well !. We are almost there folks !

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

absolutely not

a very small number of drummers, 0 guard (that I'm aware of) and 2 or 3 brass

As far as Crown guard I've heard about 15-18 left with the staff for Crown but they have another sizable set of vets plus some great folks at auditions

sounds like all 3 corps should be fine

Not to be mean, but the Cadets guard members from last year probably wouldn't make a Townsend guard.  There are exceptions of course.  But the talent level just hasn't been there the past couple years.

6 hours ago, cadet93 said:

Not to be mean, but the Cadets guard members from last year probably wouldn't make a Townsend guard.  There are exceptions of course.  But the talent level just hasn't been there the past couple years.

A 9th place guard vs the top guard. Maybe partially true. Design probably the biggest factor. 2014 Cadets were second in guard and many returned in 2015 and placed 5th? Talent plentiful. Most guard members in WGI winter programs now. All pretty talented. This year more vets in Cadets guard and John, Eric and company pulled even better stock over to Cadets. Should be a much better Cadet Guard in 2017 due to better book. 

Edited by Tobias

7 hours ago, corpsband said:

More Cadets Brass to Crown than anywhere else. (4). BD got (2). Very few followed Gino to Boston. Most vets just sitting out and I suspect you may get a few jumping back to Cadets if spots open due to injury. No offense but if they were leaving Cadets, it was going to be for a top corps. BAC will be strong IMO this season, but not top 3. I think we see BAC become a threat to top 5 in 2018. Certainly laying the foundation to become a powerhouse. 

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, corpsband said:

one kid did go there.  he was an alternate for 2 years at crown / never saw the field.    

Its disgraceful to single out a performer of a Corps... any Corps... and say something as undeniably mean spirited as this. I hope this young performer does not read this here on DCP, as you have just publically humiliated him. There.. is... no... excuse... for... this.  Period. Publically humiliating a young performer here on DCP is irresponsible, and vicious.  A Corps performer should not be individually singled out like this for such public humiliation. Their role at a previous Corps is a PRIVATE matter. Not for public consumption.  This is not a grey area. It is black and white. At least to me anyway.

• Like 5