Cadets 2017

29 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its disgraceful to single out a performer of a Corps... any Corps... and say something as undeniably mean spirited as this. I hope this young performer does not read this here on DCP, as you have just publically humiliated him. There.. is... no... excuse... for... this.  Period. Publically humiliating a young performer here on DCP is irresponsible, and vicious.  A Corps performer should not be individually singled out like this for such public humiliation. Their role at a previous Corps is a PRIVATE matter. Not for public consumption.  This is not a grey area. It is black and white. At least to me anyway.

He didn't single out anyone. DCP is a small forum. All of BAC and Crown knows or will know he made the move as everyone in his personal circle does. Being a solist or alternate is also known. 

2 minutes ago, Tobias said:

He didn't single out anyone. DCP is a small forum. All of BAC and Crown knows or will know he made the move as everyone in his personal circle does. Being a solist or alternate is also known. 

I agree with Tobias AND BRASSO.  Having said that, the offending post from corpsband was simply in keeping with his newfound habit of trying to poke BAC....in any way he can.

I wish the Cadets the very best for 2017.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, craiga said:

I agree with Tobias AND BRASSO.  Having said that, the offending post from corpsband was simply in keeping with his newfound habit of trying to poke BAC....in any way he can.

I wish the Cadets the very best for 2017.

I wish BAC and amazing season in 2017. Jeez, i know the entire staff! 

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

nm.......

Edited by BRASSO

20 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Indeed he did. Only 1 kid too. It would have been so much easier for Corpsband to have simply said in the numbers.. " 1 brass member left Crown and went to Boston ". Thats proper. Thats civil. There is no issue with such a reply  However, Corpsband could not help himself. He proceeded to single out this 1 kid in a mean spirited way. He had to publically humilliate  this 1 kid by stating that the kid " was an alternate ". Corpsband then could not stop himself with even that clear slight. Although quite a few initial alternates in Corps over the years wind up on the field in competition, Corpsband found it appropriate to inform the DCP world that this 1 kid he singled out from his CC days " never saw the field ".  Thats not proper behavior. Its none of our business if this 1 kid " saw the field " or not. He is entitled to have that private information about his role with his former Corps not shared on DCP without his expressed permission. I wished I did not have to explain this to people. I don't  believe that anyone wants to come down on the side that publically humiliating a marcher like this is acceptable behavior. 'Hope not anyway. Otherwise, shame on them as well. As they are defending behaviors that they should not be attempting to defend here with this, imo. This 1 kid that left Crown's brass line to participate in another DCI Corps need not to have had his former role at CC been publically revealed in this manner... and the fact that it would have been SO much easier to have left this role out is what defines the posters behavior as so mean spirited, uncalled for, and so uneccessarily public humiliating to this kid. He does not deserve this. He deseves far better.

I really don't see the public humiliation side of it. An alternate for Crownbrass can be a star in most other corps. They're the best of the best except in 2015 when the Cadets Brass was stellar but surely I'm wandering in the weeds on the side of the road. 

Brasso, you should be happy. Your corps is going to be better than ever and the season is close!!!

Edited by Tobias

7 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Brasso, you should be happy. You're corps is going to be better than ever and the season is close!!!

I'm happy with most things, Tobias. I merely pointed out what I believe was a real uncalled for shot at this kid, thats all. I gave my opinion on it.. thats ok, right ? I'm excited for the season to begin. Not just to see Boston, but all these Corps... up and down the line Tobias. I think its going to be a great season of terrific shows, and keen competition. You too ?

Edited by BRASSO

In general there tends to be too much information shared on DCP at times about individual marching members. Like what college they're attending or what food they like or what corps they used to be in etc. I find it creepy on a couple levels. One, why do adults know this much personal information about kids. Two, why are you posting this information on DCP?  All I can conclude is it's some sort of weird need at validation, "look at what I know," "look at how I'm sponsoring a kid or kids".   I  wish it would stop. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 6

59 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I'm happy with most things, Tobias. I merely pointed out what I believe was a real uncalled for shot at this kid, thats all. I gave my opinion on it.. thats ok, right ? I'm excited for the season to begin. Not just to see Boston, but all these Corps... up and down the line Tobias. I think its going to be a great season of terrific shows, and keen competition. You too ?

I think we'll see lots of changes. Probably see 1-2 fall out of top 3 and 1 out of top 6. Not because of any corps getting worse, just all corps getting better and more competitive. The time of speculation is coming to an end as ST is about to begin and the season is almost upon us. BAC will  be the most improved corps of the new season for sure!

Edited by Tobias

10 hours ago, cadet93 said:

Not to be mean, but the Cadets guard members from last year probably wouldn't make a Townsend guard.  There are exceptions of course.  But the talent level just hasn't been there the past couple years.

yup - they have more talent this year but as you realize, it takes a couple years to regain the "top talent" destination and hopefully a higher placement this year will build some momentum. 

31 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

In general there tends to be too much information shared on DCP at times about individual matching members. Like what college they're attending or what food they like or what corps they used to be in etc. I find it creepy on a couple levels. One, why do adults know this much personal information about kids. Two, why are you posting this information on DCP?  All I can conclude is it's some sort of weird need at validation, "look at what I know," "look at how I'm sponsoring a kid or kids".   I  wish it would stop. 

I think kid's identities are being with held and most comments are benign. I'm sponsoring three Cadets and one Crownie. That's 4/300 kids. Hardly revealing much info. It also may encourage others to sponsor. As far as "what I know", that's usually very general info that the kids volunteer to share with me. 

Just discussing my experience.