Cadets 2017

3 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

Guys...Cadets thread.

Because every single page of this thread has been about the Cadets... 

small tangent, the discussion was over anyways

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I respect your opinion, but completely disagree.

"I respect your opinion, but you're WRONG"

hahaha. 

I'm in agreement with you on the Crown show. I'm hoping as the season progresses I will enjoy it more. We also haven't seen the total closer

To tie this back to the thread and Cadets, design wise I would say Crown was better designed last year, Cavaliers I personally like this show better and it will be interesting to see where Cadets fit in the puzzle. I think sixth with upside 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

"I respect your opinion, but you're WRONG"

hahaha. 

I'm in agreement with you on the Crown show. I'm hoping as the season progresses I will enjoy it more. We also haven't seen the total closer

To tie this back to the thread and Cadets, design wise I would say Crown was better designed last year, Cavaliers I personally like this show better and it will be interesting to see where Cadets fit in the puzzle. I think sixth with upside 

Opinions are like a-holes. Everyone's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks. 

Just now, henry7184 said:

Opinions are like a-holes. Everyone's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks. 

I don't think your opinion stinks. You've been around this for years so I respect the view point and find it interesting. I'm glad you're participating in our discussion here, otherwise it would be a fan boy fest 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I don't think your opinion stinks. You've been around this for years so I respect the view point and find it interesting. I'm glad you're participating in our discussion here, otherwise it would be a fan boy fest 

Thanks. It's hard for me to keep my passion under control. Maybe a bit off topic, but what are some of your favorite Cadet shows. Mine are '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '96 (so good and so underrated), '97, '00, '01 (another underrated), '05 (of course), '07, '09 or '10 (whichever one wasn't Toy Story), '11 and '15.

Edited by henry7184

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Thanks. It's hard for me to keep my passion under control. Maybe a bit off topic, but what are some of your favorite Cadet shows. Mine are '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '96 (so good and so underrated), '97, '00, '01 (another underrated), '05 (of course), '07, '09 or '10 (whichever one wasn't Toy Story), '11 and '15.

I often love the ones that don't win. My favorites are 87, 88, 90, loved 91, 94, 96, 2005, 2007 and 98!! 

• Like 1

Having watched the streamed show tonight, I am still liking my concept for the show (which was pitched many times before they ever announced they wer doing Mass this year) more.  I am still waiting to actually see them in competition before passing judgment, but I have three general comments.  First, they need to let the 12/8 section breathe and try to get a little more down and dirty bass sound under the whole segment.  Second, they can't possibly wear those full uniforms that long and be successful.  Third, they need to really not be so literal in costumes and in concept.  Not sure why the guard have to wear alter boy outfits?   Sometimes less is more and the fans can fill in the blanks.  But, like I said, I am not saying anything until I see them in person.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

Madison 2006 was demand for the shake of demand. Crown's high speed drill works because it's well design and echoes the tempo of the music. Design, maybe apart from 2014, has not been an issue for Crown since 2002.

Demand for demand's sake defines Crown 2012 and Cadets 1997 to me.  I adore both of those shows, but you watch them, and they "look" hard.  Its not a case of they make a hard show look so easy.

Crown this year....I am entertained, and it is complex.  Good stuff.  The singing has grown on me already.

Edited by cadet93