Cadets 2017

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'm gonna assume this is "ear" :laughing:

I don't have hairy ears. I'm only 40 something! I think that blessing comes next decade! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Member friend said they're learning the new ending starting tomorrow. Any brave souls want to go to rehearsal and find out?

Hop had a live FB post today saying they're teaching the new ending now and it's going in around 7/15. He referenced how they would teach new material and sit on it for weeks back when Zingali was there, which I always enjoy hearing those references. Reminds me of when he would speak to us at night!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tobias said:

I don't have hairy ears. I'm only 40 something! I think that blessing comes next decade! 

no your 50s is a different "blessing" - 60s is hairy ears I think

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

guard warm up tonight

Writing is far superior to last year and technique as of now surpasses championship time last year. Lets hope for a slow but steady progression. Positive experience for MMs will go a long way with this great start.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

Writing is far superior to last year and technique as of now surpasses championship time last year. Lets hope for a slow but steady progression. Positive experience for MMs will go a long way with this great start.

yeah agreed. The vibe at the corps seems really positive. And as you say they are off to a great start.

• Like 2

Can I just say how much I enjoy this show? Besides the narration I love all the risks they took in the costumes and vocals that to me work so well. Easily the most interesting Cadet show visually since 2011. Not to mention that guard is fire! I'd watch out for this one come August. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Can I just say how much I enjoy this show? Besides the narration I love all the risks they took in the costumes and vocals that to me work so well. Easily the most interesting Cadet show visually since 2011. Not to mention that guard is fire! I'd watch out for this one come August. 

I agree! Each show Cadets gain a few more believers.  Being a contender means you have to be strong in certain captions and right now I'd say the Cadets are strong in the captions that are most important.  I can't say enough about the Cadet guard--simply fabulous!!!  August should be lots of fun.

Fan of the Arts

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

I agree! Each show Cadets gain a few more believers.  Being a contender means you have to be strong in certain captions and right now I'd say the Cadets are strong in the captions that are most important.  I can't say enough about the Cadet guard--simply fabulous!!!  August should be lots of fun.

Fan of the Arts

This. I don't know about you guys, but before the season and up to the premier, I had friends who were already counting them out. Some of them were pleasantly surprised as they've been able to see the show, and the rest are wrestling with the growing reality that this is a different corps than they thought it would be. It's simply inspiring. 

• Like 4