Cadets 2017

6 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I once put a video on youtube about my favorite roller coaster in Six Flags Magic Mountain. Someone posted that they hoped the rollercoaster crashed like the one in the movie "Final Destination." I couldn't do anything but laugh my ### off. 

They are just so sick. 

6 minutes ago, Eleran said:

You can post a 5th grade band concert on YouTube and someone will comment "they suck"

More importantly, how's your son doing? When will you get to see him and the Cadets next?

Still think there is much that can be done with the fallen section.  The end of that I would have singers ripping off their robes and really belting out their own riffs and I would have the corps members really push forward beyond the sideline, almost into the stands.  And I if it does not already happen, I would have the drum majors lose their costumes and essentially get off the podium and join in the bachanal.  I mean no one actually watches the drum majors anyway!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

Still think there is much that can be done with the fallen section.  The end of that I would have singers ripping off their robes and really belting out their own riffs and I would have the corps members really push forward beyond the sideline, almost into the stands.  And I if it does not already happen, I would have the drum majors lose their costumes and essentially get off the podium and join in the bachanal.  I mean no one actually watches the drum majors anyway!

Yeah it is the only section of the show that I think "doesn't work"

1 minute ago, cadet93 said:

Yeah it is the only section of the show that I think "doesn't work"

And they need to slow it down and let it gradually spin (literallly since ai still see that piece demanding a slowly deteriorating rotating block) out of control.  I mean let's face it, it takes a little time and effort to join the ranks of the fallen!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tobias said:

More importantly, how's your son doing? When will you get to see him and the Cadets next?

Thanks for asking - he's doing fine.  Before the end of spring training he had a corner of his front tooth chipped off when a flag contacted his horn unexpectedly, but they took him to a local dentist and he got that repaired already.  He's still loving the fact that he's playing lead (lower) at his age, and looking forward to another 4 years of marching if circumstances allow.

• Like 3

Just now, Eleran said:

Thanks for asking - he's doing fine.  Before the end of spring training he had a corner of his front tooth chipped off when a flag contacted his horn unexpectedly, but they took him to a local dentist and he got that repaired already.  He's still loving the fact that he's playing lead (lower) at his age, and looking forward to another 4 years of marching if circumstances allow.

Tell him, if it makes him feel better, I tripped on a flag in the opener in 2000 and almost had my mouthpiece go down my throat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

Tell him, if it makes him feel better, I tripped on a flag in the opener in 2000 and almost had my mouthpiece go down my throat. 

Oh you.... 

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

Weren't you the one that tripped on the wet stairs in Clifton too?