Cadets 2017

Geez you would have thought Boston 4 pointed Cadets by reading these posts. I'm not too worried, I was actually suprised BAC was as behind as they were from the start. These scores make more sense, Cadets fans just need to accept theyre in the same competitive bracket as Boston now. I have faith in this show ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

yeah that "trust the process": shirt is, frankly, a little embarassing. Like a cry for help

if you have to print it on a shirt you've already lost the argument IMO

I think it is supposed to be a cool saying. Cavaliers have the same thing on ther website homepage

Obviously a lot of sport teams use the saying

It's ok I guess. 

Pretty sure only the Philly 76ers use that saying lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Does he? I don't know, but does he not possibly have a point? It's like when Fiedler took over at Vanguard and Mason took over at Madison. I thought those two corps were going to be back in the top top within a few years. That didn't happen in either case. Fiedler and Mason both had tremendous success at Cavies and Star years ago. Why couldn't they recreate that success at SCV and Madison? Sometimes, when you've been doing something for so long it is hard to continue to do it from a fresh perspective. The Cadets were innovators, not so much today. Is it time? I don't know....but I don't think someone saying so has some sort of "hate boner" for George. It's pretty hard to sustain success, in the same capacity or role, for nearly 40 years.

Can't blame George for this one. He can't make the kids march, play, succeed. He can only offer them the best situation, instructors, motivation available. If he left you really think the cadets will win 3 championships in a row again?? Things have changed. More corps on the same train as the Cadets. Repeats are not a given. Cadets need to adjust, relax, reflect, and recruit the best talent available. Boston has had talent but poor show choices. They made changes and are now in the hunt, not winning a championship. All corps go through a down period. It is now the Cadets turn.  Relax, be patient, and support them.:soapbox:

• Like 7

I think the talent level among the top DCI corps this year is jaw dropping. The Cadets are really strong in terms of percussion talent, the guard is very good and the brass is developing (although I don't always hear a maturity of tone that I get from BD, Crown, et al). I am curious to see what the scoring ceiling can be for Cadets this year if they can approach clean execution in all phases....feet, for example, are well below the standard of the most recent years where they medaled. This is apart from design considerations.

25 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

Can't blame George for this one. He can't make the kids march, play, succeed. He can only offer them the best situation, instructors, motivation available. If he left you really think the cadets will win 3 championships in a row again?? Things have changed. More corps on the same train as the Cadets. Repeats are not a given. Cadets need to adjust, relax, reflect, and recruit the best talent available. Boston has had talent but poor show choices. They made changes and are now in the hunt, not winning a championship. All corps go through a down period. It is now the Cadets turn.  Relax, be patient, and support them.:soapbox:

He is directly responsible for the environment and atmosphere at YEA!  And while I don't doubt that his Hop-talks are a benefit to the members and leave a lasting impression, one would need to be on something to not realize his role in the staff exodus this past off-season.  That is not providing the members with the best situation or instructors.

I don't see him ever completely leaving YEA, and nor should he.  But he does need to take a lesser role with the Cadets.

All in my opinion, of course.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

He is directly responsible for the environment and atmosphere at YEA!  And while I don't doubt that his Hop-talks are a benefit to the members and leave a lasting impression, one would need to be on something to not realize his role in the staff exodus this past off-season.  That is not providing the members with the best situation or instructors.

I don't see him ever completely leaving YEA, and nor should he.  But he does need to take a lesser role with the Cadets.

All in my opinion, of course.

We all need to wait for the new ending before blaming the man behind the curtain. Christ riding on a cloud, rays of lights coming down from the heavens and member levitations, so I've been told. 

• Like 1