Cadets 2017

52 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Wait. Weren't you and MRapp among the half dozen posters complaining of this thread about ill-fitting outerwear. Now, in the middle of the most hellacious temps of the Cadets tour when hydration nearly needs to be IV inserted during all those maxim cleaning sessions you and others are demanding, GH sends out a call for seamstresses mostly probably for fittings. Look back over a dozen seasons of Cadets announcements and this is an annual re-fit needing help. Knowing DCP as he does, and as so many of you have told him, he yanks your chain by touching the hot buttons he knows will cause his critics to explode. You are being played with. We shall see.

I'm thinking they are adjusting uniforms and they have fabric arriving Saturday to add some (what sounds like) large sail banners or silks ala Crown 2015 ending

2 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

If they were in Oklahoma and bypassed Braums, they should REPENT.

Hot Fudge sundae to cure all that ails you.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

This show doesn't need more stuff.  

D:

Well, honestly, the ending isn't quite as exciting as it could be... it could use SOMETHING. Idk what that thing is but even if clean it would be slightly underwhelming

• Like 1

6 hours ago, henry7184 said:

I enjoyed your 1999 show, but I agree that 2000 was just on a whole other level. But, you see years like '86, '91 and '99 were blips. Now these blips are becoming the norm. I think the concern is two fold really - quality and placement, and quality affects placement. 

This years show is a good show. It's a better design than last year. So, that is good. But, it's just not on the same level in any facet as the top 4. I think next year the Cadets have to come out doing music that hasn't been done before, using better props that are effective and integrated into the show, and not being so literal.

1986, 1991, and 1999 didn't score as well, but they weren't a generation or two behind the state of the art, design-wise. We weren't playing catch up when we decided to march almost no color guard in 1986, do a 4.5 minute ballad in 1991, or spend almost 3 straight minutes about 208 in 1999. These were state of the art design choices that didn't work out.

1999 was just too ####### hard to clean, but it's still an awesome show to watch. 

It's been a while since we weren't playing catch up to the rest of the activity. Just my observation as someone who hasn't been to a show in 5(?) years.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

I am refraining from comment the rest of the season after this, because honestly it is just too stressful.  I will say that the comments on the show thread last night about Cadets were really disrespectful.  It is not only Cadets, Phantom is a victim of this also.  

The kids that march do not deserve those type of comments.

You could not be more right. I have stayed away from the forums for this reason. I know several members of the organization and it's disheartening to them to see so many people hate on them. People are very much entitled to their opinions. But what I fail to understand is why can't it be done with a lot more tact and consideration for the people/MM/parents who are on here?  It is heart wrenching to read some of the terrible things that are spewed on here. Just terrible and unnecessary.  

Then there are those who continually support and try to find positive even when it's hard too.  I get that that is not always easy but as many have said, those kids work their butts off and deserve far more praise then they get on these forums. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

I am refraining from comment the rest of the season after this, because honestly it is just too stressful.  I will say that the comments on the show thread last night about Cadets were really disrespectful.  It is not only Cadets, Phantom is a victim of this also.  

The kids that march do not deserve those type of comments.

The Madison thread has also had some questionable comments as well.  

• Like 4