Cadets 2017

Just now, kkpjm16 said:

They don't burn witches in Salem anymore either, but....:innocent:

Just poking fun! Hope this adds a little bit of interaction to an already incredible show. Go Cadets!

They never did.

I was just thinking how it took quite a while for us Catholics to get used to the new response at Mass after decades of the old one.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They never did.

I was just thinking how it took quite a while for us Catholics to get used to the new response at Mass after decades of the old one.  

Ah, "historical accuracy" bites another Drum Corps fan trying to be funny. I stand corrected. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I laughed. I've just had it pounded into my head. No witch burnings in North America.  Only Europe. 

It's all good. I don't take myself too seriously, neither should anybody on here! :laughing:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

It's been changed for a while.  At least eight years.    In any case, let's see how it works out.  

I still say "and also with you" since that's how I learned it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candymancan said:

Yes, that guard judge apparently has it in for the CBCCG and I'm not sure why.  This is the best guard they have had in a while.  It's puzzling to me...

Apparently he got yelled at a lot when he marched Cadets guard in the 90s.

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I've conformed.  I'm a sheep.  Baaaaa

I'm just a creature of habit...

• Like 1

So, I just watched a video of the Atlanta show, and I realized what I like so much about the Cadets closer.

They are actually marching and playing in smooth formations.  You can see the feet and legs clearly, and its glorious.

I say this as one of the biggest fans there is of body movement because I think it is also amazing when done well.

I just love the cream pantsuit and how clearly you can see the marching (for better or worse).  Thanks Cadets for reminding me how great just plain "marching" can be!

• Like 2