Cadets 2017

9 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

While i hate the preaching in the show (not the vocalists) i do like the music and the surge that's happened this week.  I see them catching Boston before finals. 

I hope you're correct. The closer has taken the show up a notch in effect and if judges would stop penalizing the percussion and brass because people are singing, we could see a solid score/rank improvement.

• Like 2

I was in Annapolis yesterday, and I really enjoyed the tweaks that have been made in this show!  This is totally different in person.  The effect (and potential for more) is most definitely there.  The ending is awesome, not just for this show, but for ANY show.

The choir is outstanding.  I like the way they're now staged closer to the 50.  The way the choir is used is a great innovation, and something that will be talked about for years to come.  I'd love to see a future show with a choir somewhere down the line.

Battery is absolutely tops.  Brass has grown a TON.  Guard is still improving and adding to the effect (especially at the end).

I am very impressed with this staff.  Positive vibes all around.  It is clear that everyone is really enjoying this experience.  You simply can't fake this good vibe.  It is REAL!  The future is looking good, from what I saw.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I was in Annapolis yesterday, and I really enjoyed the tweaks that have been made in this show!  This is totally different in person.  The effect (and potential for more) is most definitely there.  The ending is awesome, not just for this show, but for ANY show.

The choir is outstanding.  I like the way they're now staged closer to the 50.  The way the choir is used is a great innovation, and something that will be talked about for years to come.  I'd love to see a future show with a choir somewhere down the line.

Battery is absolutely tops.  Brass has grown a TON.  Guard is still improving and adding to the effect (especially at the end).

I am very impressed with this staff.  Positive vibes all around.  It is clear that everyone is really enjoying this experience.  You simply can't fake this good vibe.  It is REAL!  The future is looking good, from what I saw.

Hopefully

5 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

IMO the chops are without doubt there, this group can play but unfortunately the staging looks to be a bit of what do we do with the battery. Most of the book is played on the move and far back field in one corner or another of side one and two. The side two percussion feature is so poorly stagged (too far to the right) it's not recognized or rewarded as it could be. 

Agreed. The battery is hidden in back during so many of their great moments.  It's easy to miss what they're doing. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tobias said:

That may be your individual interest. The guard is certainly well staged. The intricacies of judging can baffle even the most experienced drum corps spectators. I'm baffled the Cadets are scoring as low as they are this season. Im baffled Crown is over Bloo. Im baffled Cavies are scoring where they are so I agree with your statement.

And the way its going; it looks like our little men in green are pushing Cavies for a strong finish. Someone may just be pushed off the podium but it isn't who I thought it would be in a million years or the corps who's doing the pushing.

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

And the way its going; it looks like our little men in green are pushing Cavies for a strong finish. Someone may just be pushed off the podium but it isn't who I thought it would be in a million years or the corps who's doing the pushing.

Fan of the Arts

Huh? Our little men in green are pushing Cavies?

Wow, the tone in here has changed significantly since the last time I looked.   Glad to see people not dogging the staff and the design now.   It's about execution at this point!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The Wink 2.0?

DGQPisyUAAAppcq.jpg

That's our handsome DCP friend who joined Cadets. He's loving the experience.

• Like 3